Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone here ever work in CIT?

Options
  • 13-09-2011 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone here works for/has worked for/has applied for jobs in CIT in the past. First experience applying for a job with a large (possibly bureaucratic?) public sector organisation so wondering what timelines they operate

I've had an interview for a short contract position, in the interview I didn't really get much out of them with regards to when i might hear back or anything (not sure if that's a bad sign!).

Do CIT usually have second interviews? Any reasonable idea of when I might hear back either way?

Any steer appreciated!

Sp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Paarse Krokodil

I went to college there. That was bad enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

I know full-time appointments have to be ratified by the Institute's Governing Body, which usually sits on the first Thursday of every month. The successful candidate is not told of this until it has been signed off. The HR office should also inform the other candidates after the position has been accepted. Second round interviews would be unusual at CIT.

In future you would be better off posting CIT questions in the CIT forum as they would get lost here in the general Cork City forum.

Advertisement