Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I doing the right module?

Options
  • 13-09-2011 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I am suppose to do comp10010 introduction to programming 1 but the lecturer's slides stated that that was computer programming 1. I was in the right theatre. I'm really confused cause comp10010 module teaches java but the lecturer said we will be learning C.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

The module taught Java the year before last, it was changed last year as they revamped the computer science first year. They are teaching C now along with a ton of other changes they have made to the course.

(Correct me if I'm wrong current 2nd years)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

It was C++ when I did it last year

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I did it last year also, and it was in Theatre B on Tuesdays and Thursdays - we learned C++ (it was Processing the year before, and various other languages in the years preceeding that) and the lecturer was Gianluca Pollastri.

If it's COMP10010, and you are in the right place, then you are doing the right module. The lecturer is probably just saying "Programming 1" out of simplicity. If you are in the computer science building surrounded by a lot of computer science students, then that's when you should start to worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭marzh007

All right. I thought I was in the wrong lecture as the module description said Java not C. I didn't know they change it every year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The module description probably wasn't updated or something - I can't remember what it said for us. And C++ is very similar to C (at an introductory level, they are almost identical) so it's probably the same as last year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement