Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making my 08 VW Golf Chirp when unlocked/Locked

• 13-09-2011 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Is there any way to add a chirp to the car using the existing factory installed alarm?

Was thinking of buying something to make this chirp/beep/pluse noise and maybe connect it to the central locking unit to activate it when the remote unlocks and locks the car.

Silly idea?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Your neighbours will love this ;) Why would you want this, I've two cars and I know when the car is locked/unlocked by the flashing of the light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alphanumeric

DonJose wrote: »
    Your neighbours will love this ;) Why would you want this, I've two cars and I know when the car is locked/unlocked by the flashing of the light.

Umm, good point.... I have looked this up online and there are alot of people looking on into on how to disarm the chirp because of the neighbour issue!. I on the other hand want it. Put it down to an OCD tendency, I could be in and out at the car numerous times and then wonder if it’s locked. Spend time peering through the frosted glass before heading to bed then to see if the car is locked by looking at flashing lights. Another reason, If the car is locked and I press the lock button again on the key to make sure its locked it disables the alarm.
    Pointless reason maybe for adding this but I think it would be handy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

You can activate the chirp/beep with VCDS i've done it to my last too VAg group cars,i find it better to have the audio signal when walking away from car and pressing button also if you have not closed the door properly lets say then the alarm will arm but won't chirp so you know straight away :)

tossy wrote: »
    You can activate the chirp/beep with VCDS i've done it to my last too VAg group cars,i find it better to have the audio signal when walking away from car and pressing button also if you have not closed the door properly lets say then the alarm will arm but won't chirp so you know straight away :)

Hi Tossy, so a trip to a VW garage will activate it ya think? They will charge €60-€70 quid for the pleasure of linking it to the computer so just want to be sure.

I can't recall seeing any option for activating it with the onboard computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Where abouts are you?

• Advertisement

gpf101 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you?

Living in Clara, Co. Offaly. Are you only offering chirp advice if I'm not living next door :D

Someone close enough to you may have Vagcom and could do it. I'm in Cork so too far away sorry.

Someone close enough to you may have Vagcom and could do it. I'm in Cork so too far away sorry.

I travel a bit but its only around the midlands but thanks all the same for asking. Are the Vagcom kits expensive?

The genuine version is a few hundred as far as I remember. If you join Vagdrivers someone might help you out.

The genuine version is a few hundred as far as I remember. If you join Vagdrivers someone might help you out.

Thanks for your help, I will sign up there now.

W.

• Advertisement

I'm in Kildare and can do it for you if you are up this way - i am having a little laptop battery hassle but should be able to keep it alive long enough to activate the chirp.

Alternatively if you do sign up to VAGdrivers there is a list of members and their locations who have VCDS so you will find someone closer - what ever you do don't go to VW for the service that is just daft lol

I'm in Kildare and can do it for you if you are up this way - i am having a little laptop battery hassle but should be able to keep it alive long enough to activate the chirp.

Alternatively if you do sign up to VAGdrivers there is a list of members and their locations who have VCDS so you will find someone closer - what ever you do don't go to VW for the service that is just daft lol

Hey, I work in Monasterevin, I have a power supply in the car that you could power your laptop with if it suits.

Already was raped by VW when I got the AUX output turned on.

I signed up to VAGDRIVERS but cant post but if you have the equipment id gladly make the journey to whereever suits.

I am into IT and the VAGCOM kits sound handy to have, big money though. I'd want the car reacting like K.I.T.T. for the outlay :D.

Hey, I work in Monasterevin, I have a power supply in the car that you could power your laptop with if it suits.

Already was raped by VW when I got the AUX output turned on.

I signed up to VAGDRIVERS but cant post but if you have the equipment id gladly make the journey to whereever suits.

I am into IT and the VAGCOM kits sound handy to have, big money though. I'd want the car reacting like K.I.T.T. for the outlay :D.

Monasterevin is only down the road from me,i'll send you a PM.

Advertisement