Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neat Wall Mount

Options
  • 13-09-2011 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I bought a very thin TV for the bedroom. I want to mount it flush against the wall but I don't have (or want) any tables or shelves under the TV.

I contacted UPC to get a multiroom subscription but I have nowhere to put the digital box that they send out.

I would like to hide the digital box in the wardrobe and I've heard about a magic eye but from my research it appears that it only works with Sky and not with UPC.

Ideally I want the TV to hang on the wall as neat as possible with little or no wires and digital boxes/dvds/etc on show.

I would appreciate any suggestions people have for hiding wires and the UPC digital box.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Your looking at drilling holes in walls really and in the long run even though it would involve some disruption using cable will be the best way, I don't trust any wireless solutions, they could work or you could end up spending a load of money to find they don't work or break down to often.

You could put in some sockets with all the cables redirecting to the closet. I'm absolutely sure there are devices that will reroute an infared signal I'm just not sure what they're called I think these are what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fergieb

Thanks ScumLord.
    I'm just trying to picture this, if I had the TV on the wall and the UPC digital box in the wardrobe connected to the UPC box on the wall through a coaxial cable. What do I do with the scart or HDMI cable (i.e. transmitting the sound & picture from the UPC digital box to the TV)? Do I need to get an extra long scart?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Fergieb wrote: »
    Thanks ScumLord.
    I'm just trying to picture this, if I had the TV on the wall and the UPC digital box in the wardrobe connected to the UPC box on the wall through a coaxial cable. What do I do with the scart or HDMI cable (i.e. transmitting the sound & picture from the UPC digital box to the TV)? Do I need to get an extra long scart?
    Pretty much.

Advertisement