Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double my distance in less than two weeks

Options
  • 13-09-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Background :
    I have done three triathlons, sprint distance and have gone quicker in each one. I have decided to do my first olympic distance on the 24th. I have done no training for this distance as of yet, only sprint distance. I cycle to and from work every day 14km (all up hill coming home)
    I am on a weeks holiday from next Monday 19th so can train hard and most of the day.

Bearing in mind that i'm working 9 to 5.30 this week, will be in Croker on Sunday avo and night(H'up the Dubs) and not in great shape most of Monday can anyone suggest a plan to get me upto olympic distance in that short time ???

any advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Conor1982

Sounds like you should be able to complete it okay but don't try for a fast time.

You will need to rest from thurs pm until sat when your race is on.

Doesn't leave much time so tonight do a 10k run straight after your cycle home. Take it easy for first 2-3 k and don't push too hard in the race either as you might get bound up.

Tomorrow morning you should try swimming 1.5 - 2k just so you know you can finish it comfortably as you won't win a tri in the swim but it can certainly ruin one if it's bad. I'm a slow swimmer and have learn thru bitter experience not to get in the front group in the swim.

Tomorrow after your cycle home do an easy 5k run and lots of stretches afterwards.

Don't forget to eat properly with lots of fast carbs in last 24hrs and lots of gels and fluid during the 40k cycle. don't try any new food/gels on race day

On the day get there real early, relax, warm up well, start slow and finish fast. Try not to go asleep on the bike as it's easy to lose time if youdont have a speedometer.

Good luck!

Advertisement