Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posh Headphones

• 13-09-2011 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Forget them they are crap.
    Shure 425

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Good head phones for me are night and day different. But some people are tone deaf and wouldn't hear the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Melendez wrote: »

It is definitely worth using good quality headphones with those sources, and the difference would be very noticeable to someone with good hearing.

That said, for that money a lot better headphones than the ones linked to can be had. Such as these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-7509-SONY-MDR7509/dp/B00186FIUC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1315930863&sr=1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭padraig_f

You'll generally see an improvement with any equipment but some headphones need an amp to get the best out of them.

Main thing to check to see if they're suitable for general equipment is the impedance (measured in ohms). Low impedance headphones (<100 ohms) will work well with any equipment. Over that, you start to need a headphone amp.

There's a good list of recommendations in different price-ranges here:
    http://www.headfonia.com/recommendations/

To find the impedance, type in the model no. plus "ohms" into google.
    e.g. Sennheiser HD25-1, 70 ohms - will work well with anything.
    Sennheiser HD650, 300 ohms - really needs an amp.

In general, more expensive headphones have higher impedance but it's not always the case, e.g. my Denon D5000 are only 25 ohms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

The "DRE" series are "ok" but are more geared for status rather than total fidelity ( their base is extreme BTW )

Having said that I own a set of their "Pro" range a pair of HD595's , have an older broken set of Denon's some place...

My gist is having a set of "DRE's" for an Ipad is over kill ( unless its like a 21st present ) . Look at a pair of HD205 been using a set of these to and from work for years , banged walloped scratched and scraped them. My current set ( the third pair) are the MKII's

Sol

Advertisement