Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicorette QuickMist 1mg/spray mouthspray nicotine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

You can't buy this in Ireland yet, although you can get it in the north and UK. Have been using this myself since I stopped 7 weeks ago and can't recommend it highly enough. For the first couple of weeks I used it in conjunction with patches, but then let the patches go and have been using this since. It's a great immediate 'fix', which really takes the edge off bad cravings. It's a wee bit harsh to begin with - almost spicy / burny sensation in the mouth, but now I actively enjoy it!

Best of all, it serves a good psychological function because it's an active way of addressing cravings (putting something in your mouth etc), rather than the passive drip-drip from patches.

I never used it or feel the need to use it as frequently as suggested. One spray canister lasted for almost 2 weeks for the first month and the one I'm using now has been on the go for over 3 weeks.

Pack of 2 from amazon inc P & P works out about €33.

Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 metalking666

http://www.boots.com/en/Nicorette-QuickMist-1mg-spray-mouthspray-nicotine_1208091/

Can anyone tell me if we can get these in Dublin?

Thanks

i found a site that delivers to ireland here [snip]

little bit more expensive...will work out at about 32pounds for a pack of 2.
    But i highly recommend them.. i quit 5 weeks ago and didn't even have to look a a cig while using the spray(and only used it about 5/6 times per day!! good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Pack of 2 from amazon inc P & P works out about €33.

Good luck with it.

Amazon won't ship NRT here as far as I know, I have been looking for places on the net to buy Nicorette as it's cheaper but no luck - is it illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 metalking666

Sala wrote: »
    Amazon won't ship NRT here as far as I know, I have been looking for places on the net to buy Nicorette as it's cheaper but no luck - is it illegal?

No it not illegal!!! Its just that the product has not been passed by the irish pharmaceutical board..Or whatever they called :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

No it not illegal!!! Its just that the product has not been passed by the irish pharmaceutical board..Or whatever they called smile.gif

Sorry I meant Niquitin - the minis. They must be passed as I buy them here in the chemist but places online won't deliver to us here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

No it not illegal!!! Its just that the product has not been passed by the irish pharmaceutical board..Or whatever they called :)

If it hasn't been passed then it's not legal. Link removed from your first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭rubicon99

You can buy them now in Boots in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Sorry to Bump.

Yeah I see the Spray mist ads everywhere now, not sure they are for me.
    Thinking fo doing the minis again. Why is the Spray so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Sorry to Bump.

Yeah I see the Spray mist ads everywhere now, not sure they are for me.
    Thinking fo doing the minis again. Why is the Spray so expensive.

On it myself at the moment, It should last nearly a week given that you get 150 sprays, so at that it's not so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

How are you getting on with the spray? Whats it taste like?

• Advertisement

How are you getting on with the spray? Whats it taste like?

Not bad, Easy to use, works well at stopping the cravings etc, You can sit in a pub and just whip it out, pardon the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Got my first one on January 8th at a chemist shop and paid €28 plus a few cents

Got a double pack in Boots last Sunday for €40

12 days so far without a cigarette

• Registered Users Posts: 5 maverickman

I have the quickmist now a week and its brilliant, I havnt touched or even wanted a smoke since,
    Taste is hard to get used to, but very very effective.

I have the quickmist now a week and its brilliant, I havnt touched or even wanted a smoke since,
    Taste is hard to get used to, but very very effective.

All true...

Brilliant product, But I find it a little expensive, and I probably use it more then I should...Goal is to knock it on the head sooner rather then later.

I was smoking 20 a day, costing E70 a week, the spray is E30 and has lasted a week, so its good value in my eyes. Gonna stick with it anyway.

I was smoking 20 a day, costing E70 a week, the spray is E30 and has lasted a week, so its good value in my eyes. Gonna stick with it anyway.

True, Where I fall down is I use two a week..but once I stay of the cigs Its still a good deal. Little tip, has difficult as it is, do not be tempted to just say I'll have one when your out drinking, it's a slippery road back to smoking....

Best of luck it can be done.

not yet wrote: »
    All true...

Brilliant product, But I find it a little expensive, and I probably use it more then I should...Goal is to knock it on the head sooner rather then later.
    I was smoking at least 20 a day costing E70 per week, the spray is E30 and one pack has lasted a week, good value in my eyes, gonna stick with it for now anyway.

True, Where I fall down is I use two a week..but once I stay of the cigs Its still a good deal. Little tip, has difficult as it is, do not be tempted to just say I'll have one when your out drinking, it's a slippery road back to smoking....

Best of luck it can be done.

Thanks for that:D

I've been using now for 5 weeks and not one cigarette

I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago and got a twin pack in Tesco's for £21.50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Get them up here in Donegal for €29.95 for the twin pack. I stopped ten days ago and still on my first of them though it will finish today at some point I reckon. So I am very happy so far

• Advertisement

Still using the spray, not smoked since the 8th January (1pm). Got a twin pack in the UK Tesco's for £24

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭quinrea01

sgb wrote: »
    Still using the spray, not smoked since the 8th January (1pm). Got a twin pack in the UK Tesco's for £24
    Nice one...I stopped smoking on 5 Jan and find Quickmist excellent. One unit usually does me for 5/6 days. Much cheaper than cigs and going to cut down gradually to zero soon.

quinrea01 wrote: »
    Nice one...I stopped smoking on 5 Jan and find Quickmist excellent. One unit usually does me for 5/6 days.

I get over 2 weeks out of one unit

Off them eight weeks today I get about ten days from one Quickmist. Not bad from 50 a day

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ImZara

You cant get these here yet .. right?

ImZara wrote: »
    You cant get these here yet .. right?

Yes you can most Chemists will have them for example. I get them from my local one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

I've tried this for the first time today and it worked but... Think I took some sort of spaz attack after. Really wasn't ready for the taste or the kick it gave me. Probably didn't help that I've a bit of a sore throat though.

Good points: didn't want to smoke

Bad points: everyone near me laughed at me for about half an hour!

I've tried this for the first time today and it worked but... Think I took some sort of spaz attack after. Really wasn't ready for the taste or the kick it gave me. Probably didn't help that I've a bit of a sore throat though.

Good points: didn't want to smoke

Bad points: everyone near me laughed at me for about half an hour!

LOL it caught you out to. Same happened to me it was only later when I was reading the instructions that I noticed it can give you the hiccups etc. Stick with it

LOL it caught you out to. Same happened to me it was only later when I was reading the instructions that I noticed it can give you the hiccups etc. Stick with it

Ha Ha true, The trick is to not swallow straight away, let it rest in your mouth for 20 seconds.

• Advertisement

Ha Ha true, The trick is to not swallow straight away, let it rest in your mouth for 20 seconds.

Yeah discovered that. The one I really liked was.
    You may feel your lips tingling. Answer: Don't spray it on your lips

Advertisement