Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BarCraft !

Options
  • 13-09-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

For those who haven't heard of BarCraft it is a recent craze of bars around the world streaming major Starcraft 2 tournaments live so fans can go along and have a few pints and watch the games. This has mostly stemmed from reddit where BarCraft has its own subreddit and I think from there there were about 20 bars showing MLG a couple of weeks back, mostly in the states.

Over on the Starcraft forum there's been talk of trying to get this going somewhere in Dublin, for European events like Dreamhack anyway since bar opening times prevent us from doing American events.

I thought that there might be more interest in general other than the regular starcraft forum posters for something like this and thought I'd drop a thread here to generate some awareness if ye mods don't mind ! At the moment interest is just being gauged so if anyone would think of checking out a bit of barcraft please vote in the thread !

And for anyone just interested in general here's a cool little article on it from the Wall Street Journal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Not a Starcraft fan myself, but this is the best damn title for an event I've ever heard! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Am I the only one who thought it was going to be a minecraft mod based around building bars and distilleries:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Stev_o wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought it was going to be a minecraft mod based around building bars and distilleries:(

Yup, thought that immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Stev_o wrote: »

I miss read it as BraCraft...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

would definitely be up for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sharrow wrote: »
    I miss read it as BraCraft...

minecraft_bra_by_7serenee-d41sxsd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

The first BarCraft is hopefully going to be happening this Sunday in Dublin, just bumping this thread for any that may be interested rather than making a new one.

Details can be found in this thread over on the StarCraft forum.

Advertisement