Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service

Options
  • 13-09-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone for a car service?
    Its a Mazda 2 1.4 petrol, 50k just needs oil, filters, and all the other fluids topping up

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Newgate Motors in Navan are Mazda dealers.

http://www.newgate.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

kelle wrote: »
    Newgate Motors in Navan are Mazda dealers.

http://www.newgate.ie/

Main dealer prices are crazy...
    Oil, plugs, oil and air filters will probably cost about €50 (max). About an hours labour on that then should really be all you get charged for. Unless you want to get a service book stamped but any garage can do that.
    Get a price off them first and see, where in Meath you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Graeme Colfer autos, just off the old N2 if that's any use to you, excellent mechanic, good rates.
    Ill PM you the number if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

niallam wrote: »
    Oil, plugs, oil and air filters will probably cost about €50 (max). About an hours labour on that then should really be all you get charged for. Unless you want to get a service book stamped but any garage can do that.
    Get a price off them first and see, where in Meath you based?

Newgate - 150 for oil and filters only!

I dont think so

based in Navan

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

niallam wrote: »
    Oil, plugs, oil and air filters will probably cost about €50 (max).

Please let me know the name of that shop, would love to get all that for €50 max.

• Advertisement

Graeme Colfer autos, just off the old N2 if that's any use to you, excellent mechanic, good rates.
    Ill PM you the number if you want it.

yes pls

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

PauloMN wrote: »
    Please let me know the name of that shop, would love to get all that for €50 max.

Eh... oil is about 25, plugs about 9 (unless platinum or iridium), oil filter 5 and air filter easily got for 15... Sorry €54 euro... Cheaper if your paying trade price and claiming vat back too.
    And thats from a motor factors, i've many friends that own big garages and pay just over €2 per/l for oil... work it out from there... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Garage on Trim road beside Supermacs offer great service and good value, I've used them several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hoommer

i have mazda 3 06 and these guys charged me around 140 for a full service. very happy with their work too.

• Setina Motors Balmoral Ind. Est. Kells Rd. Navan – 085-1309064

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TurkeyBurger

Found Alan and the lads in Ashbourne Auto Clinic to always be very honest and have always been happy with everything they've done.

http://ashbourneautoclinic.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

setina motors in balmoral industrial estate is excellent from my experiance. but i get all my work done with a lad that works on his own in a place beide the gym iaround chadwicks, being there since mckeowns shut, i'll pm his number, no need for main dealer IMO having worked in newgate myself, to many overheads to give a fair price for labour.

Thanks for the advice and offers, went with Newgate in the end.
    99 euros oil+ filters+ top ups + sparks- happy with that
    They collected and dropped the car back as well

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

ye thats good value for a main dealer, nothing wrong with that. :)

Advertisement