Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Grant In Meath?

Options
  • 13-09-2011 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Was told today in conversation with a peer that I may be eligible for a website grant for a web-based business venture if I have an address in Co. Louth, but not in Meath. How can this be so?

Can anyone elaborate please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

Was told today in conversation with a peer that I may be eligible for a website grant for a web-based business venture if I have an address in Co. Louth, but not in Meath. How can this be so?
    ??? Because, that's the terms of the grant . . .

I've heard of different grant schemes for businesses in Louth and other places that find it a little harder to attract businesses.

There are lots of different types of grant. For example, you are on Enterprise Allowance, then you may be entitled to up to 500e towards a website, or other marketing materials. I've just issued an invoice this week for a client who will apply for that grant - it can take a few months to be approved and paid though.

I suggest you contact your local Enterprise Board to find out about grants that you are eligible for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BlueArsedFly

Many thanks for the reply. New to all this so was unaware that grant schemes can vary so greatly between counties.

Many thanks for the reply. New to all this so was unaware that grant schemes can vary so greatly between counties.
    Well it's not just counties. Whoever is awarding the grant, can determine the qualifying factors as they want.

There are different grants for age, sex, location, stage of the business, size of the business, type of business, if it's a company or business, expected future revenue of the business . . . and then they may also depend on what the grant money will be used on.

Hope you find one for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

This may be what your peer is talking about:

http://www.gettingbusinessonline.ie/

My main business idea is web-based & I am a web designer with SEO expertise so will need the grant for software commercial licenses mostly & the technical input required will demand more than the template offered via that link, but many thanks for the suggestion all the same.

Now for my next question: I already own a .ie domain & need to register a business name in order to start hosting as a business under that domain, but by doing so with the CRO will I immediately have to make VAT returns for that name? & how much does it cost to register a business name? Have contacted Revenue by email & phone but no answer or response. Will take at least 3 months before I am ready to start trading from the site & register as a sole trader but need to set up a teaser page under my domain with a countdown to site launch in the meantime as part of a local campaign which will avail of media interest.

Again, any response greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

Now for my next question: I already own a .ie domain & need to register a business name in order to start hosting as a business under that domain, but by doing so with the CRO will I immediately have to make VAT returns for that name? & how much does it cost to register a business name? Have contacted Revenue by email & phone but no answer or response. Will take at least 3 months before I am ready to start trading from the site & register as a sole trader but need to set up a teaser page under my domain with a countdown to site launch in the meantime as part of a local campaign which will avail of media interest.

Again, any response greatly appreciated.
    If you already own the ie domain then you don't need to register the business to put your countdown page there.

You don't need to register for VAT as soon as you register a business name. You only need to register when you see you will be going over the threshold for that year. Before then, it's optional.

It costs 20e to register with the CRO if you do it online, 40e if you do it offline.

You need to fill in a TR1 form with Revenue to tell them you will start trading as a sole trader.

I strongly recommend you go to your local Enterprise Board or Centre. They will tell you all you have asked here, and much more.

Best of luck!

Legend!

Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

If you are going to your local Enterprise Board for a grant you will need to get a business plan ready. You can get a nice example of a business plan here http://www.bplans.com/web_design_business_plan/executive_summary_fc.cfm

The Wexford CEB also had a sample business plan on their site. I've had a look for it but they are updating the website and for some strange reason they've taken the whole website down in order to do this (???). I don't understand why they can't just leave the old site on-line then switch to the new site when they have it ready.

Advertisement