Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas: Picnic in the Park Sunday 18th Sept

Options
  • 13-09-2011 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Picnic in the Park . Douglas Community Park
    Sunday 18th September. From 1.00pm – 3.00 pm

Douglas Community Association and Douglas Tidy Towns are hosting Picnic in the Park, for it’s second year, next Sunday. It is part of the nation-wide Street and Community Festivals which seeks to encourage people across the country to share community activities.

Tables and seating will be provided - so make up your picnic baskets and join in the fun.

The park is ideal for picnics and, of course, there is also the wonderful children's playground. The entertainment for children will include: Fancy Dress, Dancing, Face Painting

(PS to Mod. I hope the double post is permitted. If not, please delete.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bananaface

sounds cool! hope we get the weather for it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Forecast looks promising. 14 degrees, some sunny spells, a chance 0.1mm of rain. Sure, that's not even a shower!

Douglas Community park is a real gem. Great playground for the kids too.

Recently I learned of a pleasant walk just across the road - though the woods, past a river to the bottom of Donnybrook Hill. Beats toiling up the hill towards Grange.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Forecast looks promising. 14 degrees, some sunny spells, a chance 0.1mm of rain. Sure, that's not even a shower!

Douglas Community park is a real gem. Great playground for the kids too.

Recently I learned of a pleasant walk just across the road - though the woods, past a river to the bottom of Donnybrook Hill. Beats toiling up the hill towards Grange.

weather wasn't the best unfortunately. We popped along at 1:30 and in fairness the organisers did their best with lots of food available and they were working hard to dry the chairs and tables...well done.

There was also some Irish dancing and tap dancing from a group of girls, they did a great job in what were slippy conditions outside.

The park would be a real gem if it was properly looked after. The grass is often let go too long and dog owners let their dogs foul all over the place.
    Litter can be a problem too, it's unfortunate that a lot of parents etc don't take pride in the place and clean up after themselves or their kids.

It's a nice little playground alright, great for the kids.

We actually took that walk in the woods too, pretty mad little walk in the woods slam bang in Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

We actually took that walk in the woods too, pretty mad little walk in the woods slam bang in Douglas.

Isn't it a nice peaceful walk! Often strewn with beer can at the weekends, alas. Douglas Tidy Towns tries to keep on top of the clean-up job every Saturday morning.

Thanks for your response about the party. I wasn't actually at the event myself due to attendance at a training course. I'll pass on your comments to the organisers

Douglas Community Assoc do a lot to look after the park e.g. the tree planting. I know the guy who works part time there. He does a solid job with the litter - and now he's going to have to deal with all those autumn leaves!
    Unfortunately within 24 hours, especially at weekends, the place is often strewn with beer cans and litter again.

You're right more frequent grassing cutting would be great. AFAIK the that's the responsibility of the County Council.

Dog fouling. Don't get me started! I saw a woman on the street in Douglas yesterday pick-up her dog's turds and I wanted to stop and thank her. I wasn't going to shake her hand though.

Advertisement