Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post anonymously in an un-anonymous thread ?

Options
  • 13-09-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭

I'd like to post anonymousy in a thread/forum that does not offer the anonymous option. It is something to do with my job, which is somewhat public, and I don't want my input in the discussion to be public. I don't think you are allowed to create multiple accounts, is that right ? It wouldn't be worth my while to create another account for one or two posts anyway, is there anything else I can do ? Or is it a case of just "don't post then" ?
    Thanks !

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

If anonymous posting is not enabled in the forum, and it is detected that you are using multiple accounts without good reason, then you could find yourself in a bit of hot water with the site administrators.

While we don't allow dual accounts, in rare circumstances they are permitted, but a second account created just to contribute to a thread because you don't want to be identified would not be permitted.

It seems from your question that you may not be surprised with the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Thanks Shield, yes, not surprised, and that's fine. It's a pity this particular forum does not offer the anonymous posting option though, because it keeps me out of a good few threads and discussions. Some jobs are just not suitable to online discussions without anonymity. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement