Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Year Shots for Cat.

• 13-09-2011 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭

The cat is a female rescue cat who's due her 12-months-old shot.

I have a couple of questions for the boffins.

1. How much should it cost approx for the 1 year shot for a cat?

2. How often should a cat get the booster shot? When I rang the vet they said 'oh the yearly booster is it'?

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

My vet charges me 35 euro ish for a booster and check up.
    With regard to how often well that is up to you.

Personally I dont vaccinate yearly as my cats are indoor with access too an enclosed garden. They dont get to mix with unknown cats.
    I also only get the 3 in 1 rather than the 5 in 1 which most vets seem to only stock.
    You need to weigh up the risks if your cat is roaming or not and chat to your vet to see what cover they recommend based on your circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

I think I pay about 80 for the shots every year and that includes a check-up and worming/flea-ing. (If at all possible I get the vet to do that as I hate worming and flea-ing the cats myself :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The cat is a female rescue cat who's due her 12-months-old shot.

I have a couple of questions for the boffins.

1. How much should it cost approx for the 1 year shot for a cat?

2. How often should a cat get the booster shot? When I rang the vet they said 'oh the yearly booster is it'?

Thanks folks.

1. The vets I used to work in charged around 35 euro for it.

2. They should get it yearly.

:)

Advertisement