Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Split Line

Options
  • 13-09-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Before I ring Eircom I would like some advice. I am living in a rural area and have limited broadband options. I currently have phone with Eircom and recently had my line tested by a Vodafone rep who said it was a split line and was not able to recieve broadband. My neighbours have broadband and have no problem. Would Eircom upgrade this line? I intend to cancel my phone if they don't do this. Also, is there any other options? Satellite broadband is quite expensive and has low download limits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Had the same issue, spoke to Tony an eircom rep on the talk to section of boards, however after pairing the line it turns out there was no capacity at the local exchange. I hope you have better luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to the eircom forum. They'll be able to tell you why the line is paired, and whether there is capacity to unpair it.

If you need alternate options after that, post back in the Broadband forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Another option would be fixed wireless, definitely a decent alternative to DSL (phoneline BB) and better than Satellite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

sboyle01 wrote: »
    Before I ring Eircom I would like some advice. I am living in a rural area and have limited broadband options. I currently have phone with Eircom and recently had my line tested by a Vodafone rep who said it was a split line and was not able to recieve broadband. My neighbours have broadband and have no problem. Would Eircom upgrade this line? I intend to cancel my phone if they don't do this. Also, is there any other options? Satellite broadband is quite expensive and has low download limits.

Hi sboyle01
    If you PM me your tel. number I can see if possible. We have been successful with some moves to copper but not all, sorry funnyname:o
    I cannot promise succes and it will take a few weeks to have a definite answer but will do my best for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

Hi sboyle01
    If you PM me your tel. number I can see if possible. We have been successful with some moves to copper but not all, sorry funnyname:o
    I cannot promise succes and it will take a few weeks to have a definite answer but will do my best for you.
    Tony

I've waited nearly a month now and no reply. Our only option is to go with satellite broadband and phone it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

sboyle01 wrote: »
    I've waited nearly a month now and no reply. Our only option is to go with satellite broadband and phone it seems.

Hi sboyle01,

I apologise for the delay. My colleague has been looking into this for you. It will take a number of weeks to confirm if porting your phone line will allow you to access to fixedline broadband. As advised it may not be be possible. Tony has been in direct contact with the engineering section dealing with your query. He will therefore advise you further when he's back in the office in a couple of weeks.

If you would prefer to have further advice on your broadband options with eircom, please call into our Broadband Sales Team on 1800503303 or check online at : http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/

Best regards,
    Ant

Advertisement