Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer of NI Stamps

• 13-09-2011 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

I've searched the net, but can't seem to find an answer, so wonder if someone might be able to help.

I've paid NI in the UK for 28 years. I understand that in order to qualify for a pension here, I need to be employed here in Ireland for at least two weeks before my UK stamps are transferred here.

What I want to know is : Is this automatic? If not, what do I need to do to transfer them?

And - does the transfer of NI stamp entitle one to JSB rather than JSA?

TIA :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Bump! Does anyone know?

Thanks!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You need to have paid one A class stamp in Republic of Ireland for your NI stamps to count here towards Jobseeker's Benefit. They won't necessarily entitle you to JSB - you still need to have the required number of stamps in the Governing year - for 2011, you need 39 stamps (paid or credited) in 2009.
    To transfer the stamps, you need to fill out a form in your local Social Welfare Office - you need to tell them where you lived, worked etc. They then send this to the UK for the UK to send back your record of contributions.

Thanks very much for your reply. I'll get on the case! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Hi

I know this thread is fairly old but I wondered if the OP managed to find out about their UK contributions.

In a similar situation myself - SW here applied to UK back in Jan this year for my record of contributions but up to now nothing has come back.

If the OP doesn't mind my asking did you get a response and how long did it take??

Thanks

Hi. I have to say I never did get the stamp transfer organised...:o

But I do know when I applied for dole here, Welfare did send back to Newcastle to ask about my NI contributions. To facilitate them, I supplied my last 3 years UK P60's.

I think the procedure takes a couple of months if that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement