Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Street Castlebar

Options
  • 13-09-2011 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Castle street is a busy street with a few pubs on it and a couple of takeaways. It's not particular rough I'd say but noise may be an issue. Great location for town though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RHJ wrote: »

It shouldn't be too bad, they wouldn't be the busiest bars in town and students don't really go to them so thursdays wouldn't be a problem, the takeaways down that street are closed before the nightclubs end. If you're not there at weekends I can't see it being too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Scobette

I drive by there when on night shifts and yes even mid week it will have a certain amount of traffic as in young ones tend to hang around and the takeaways attract alot of action I regularly drive down there midweek about 1-2am with people spilling out onto the streets and have to drive slowly to avoid them. Prob not what you want to hear

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't say I've ever heard that myself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well it must have really gone down hill since last weekend :D

Its busy on Friday and Sat nights for sure, maybe with the students back you could add to Thurs but its no busier than any other street in a town.

If you want real quite you might be better a little out of town

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Sounds like scaremongering to me. Its possible that maybe young wans are using it as a place to hang around at night and this is where this rumour started. Id say the best thing to do is speak to some of the nearby business owners/residents or the Guards, they should be able to tell you if it is something to be concerned about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

I have friends living down there, there's no problems at all. Good crack locally, if you want to get involved. Don't worry, that's my advice, for what it's worth. Enjoy yourself as well, life's too short.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

RHJ,
    good for you, don't forget to call into Mick Byrn's for a lovely pint, plenty of lies and a good chat. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

There are no 'bad' areas in Castlebar imo, it's a very safe town. I'm saying that as an outsider who has been living here for the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

...and that the pub that's in the area is a haven for drug users and drug dealers.

What an absolute load of crap. God almighty, who on earth told you that? I'd go in often enough to The Castle Inn and occasionally Rays, never had any problems at all. "A haven for drug users.." gimmee a break. That's all this town needs is people saying stuff like that with no basis whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

Reillyman wrote: »
    What an absolute load of crap. God almighty, who on earth told you that? I'd go in often enough to The Castle Inn and occasionally Rays, never had any problems at all. "A haven for drug users.." gimmee a break. That's all this town needs is people saying stuff like that with no basis whatsoever.

Absolutely, typical scaremongering by someone who probably does'nt even know where castle street is.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

unit 1 wrote: »
    Absolutely, typical scaremongering by someone who probably does'nt even know where castle street is.

It's there beside the red light district isn't it?

Advertisement