Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get my tragus pierced in dublin?

Options
  • 13-09-2011 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hi, i want to get my tragus pierced fairly cheap in dublin. does anyone have any suggestions where to or not to go ? and does it really hurt getting it done with a needle? thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Places like Snakebite or Wildcat in stephens green would be good choices. Don't go for somewhere just because it's cheap. Places not to go would be georges arcade! Pain is different for everyone but for me it was absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pinkyb

Places like Snakebite or Wildcat in stephens green would be good choices. Don't go for somewhere just because it's cheap. Places not to go would be georges arcade! Pain is different for everyone but for me it was absolutely fine.

did u get the a gun or needle ? i got my second lobe piercing in georges arcade were fine and my friend got hers in georgers arcade and hers was fine. people say not to get the gun but it seems a lot quicker

Regretably, I got it gunned before I knew the dangers of guns and when I was young and rebellious :P DO NOT get it gunned! There's a huge risk of it shattering the cartilage in your ear causing permanent damage, guns also can't be sterilised properly so there's a big risk of picking up diseases and infections. Just because others turned out fine doesn't mean yours will and are you willing to take that risk? Go somewhere reputable (Georges arcade is not reputable) and get it done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I've always gone to Bodyshock in Templebar for my piercings and I find them excellent!

Saaron wrote: »
    I've always gone to Bodyshock in Templebar for my piercings and I find them excellent!

did you get the needle or gun ?
    have you had cartilage and if so was it much more painful or was the pain around the same ?
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Needle for me and it wasn't that sore. Kinda felt like a bit of pressure but that as all.
    Mother said she found it a little bit sore but not to bad. Others said it was really sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I've gotten my last couple of piercings in Snakebite in Dublin, Steve is really good and knows what he is doing and goes through a lot of aftercare tips with you.

Got my tragus done down where I am from. I really do not think it should be done with a gun anywhere. Have a feel of it there, its pretty hard, imagine a gun forcing its way through that. Got mine done with a needle in a jewelers and it was grand. Little pinch but only hurts for a second and then its done. My only other cartilidge piercing is my rook, which was sorer than a tragus. Got my lobes done with guns and I think the pain is actually a bit worse cause my lobes were tender and stingy for hours after. The needle piercing only hurt for the minute it took to do them

Think its about €45/€50 in any good piercers. May seem expensive to you but there are some things are just worth the money, and not having your tragus ripped apart by a gun and a bad piercer should be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

pinkyb wrote: »
    have you had cartilage and if so was it much more painful or was the pain around the same ?
    thanks

I haven't got that piercing but they'll most definitely use a needle. My friend got it done and found it to be fine!
    Cartilage is a bit more painful but nothing bad. It lasts a second and then it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

thanks

If someone goes to do your tragus with a gun then get the f**k out of there.
    On the other hand, if you go somewhere with a good reputation. IE - NOT GEORGES ARCADE then they will do it with a sterile needle, which will cut cleanly through to make the piercing, rather than pushing through using blunt brute force.

Put it this way: If you were getting your appendix out, would you rather the surgeon cut their way through to it using clean, sharp scalpels, or just gouged their way through with a tea spoon?

Saaron wrote: »
    I haven't got that piercing but they'll most definitely use a needle. My friend got it done and found it to be fine!
    Cartilage is a bit more painful but nothing bad. It lasts a second and then it's over.

i have my cartilage done but i hear tragus much more painful. i have gotten the gun done for all my other piercing- twice on each lobe and cartilage- and they were all fine i dont see why i shouldnt get it done on my tragus

• Advertisement

i have my cartilage done but i hear tragus much more painful. i have gotten the gun done for all my other piercing- twice on each lobe and cartilage- and they were all fine i dont see why i shouldnt get it done on my tragus

People have given you plenty reasons why not, if you read their replies you will see why you should not get your tragus, or any other cartilage piercings done with a gun.

We're telling you this because we've all done the research, or had the problems, or know someone else that has had these problems. For your own sake, take the advice.

Well you've come to the piercing forum for advice and the people here who know what they are talking about have explained the dangers to you.

Ask any good piercer and they will flat out refuse to use a gun on any part of your body. Anywhere that does is just trying to make a quick few euro out of you.

If you get it done somewhere cheap, there's a chance you might have to pay again to go to a proper piercer to get it redone. Everyones tragus is a different shape. My piercer got a clamp and a marked the best position for mine to get pierced and put the needle in that spot. A gun and in a bad piercer can't do that for you.

Well then count youself lucky!

You shouldn't get it gunned because:

1. It can shatter the cartilage leaving you with a deformed ear

2. The risk of infection and diseases is really high with a gun

3. The jewellry used in piercing guns is not suitable at all for fresh piercings

4. The type of place that uses a gun is really not somewhere you want to go

The reasons are all there and if that's not enough to put you off guns then I don't know what is. At the end of the day it''s your decision where and how you get it pierced and by the sounds of it you're going to get it gunned anyway but bear in mind that if you do you're taking a big health risk. Why not save up the money and get it done as safe and clean as possible if it's a money issue?

The reasons are all there and if that's not enough to put you off guns then I don't know what is. At the end of the day it''s your decision where and how you get it pierced and by the sounds of it you're going to get it gunned anyway but bear in mind that if you do you're taking a big health risk. Why not save up the money and get it done as safe and clean as possible if it's a money issue?

ok well thanks for that you've really help! how long does it take to get the needle done ?

ok well thanks for that you've really help! how long does it take to get the needle done ?

Actual procedure a few minutes

Healing time can take anywhere up to a year because it's cartialge.

Actual procedure a few minutes

Healing time can take anywhere up to a year because it's cartialge.

and em what would you say measures up to the pain like what is equal to the pain ?

I was in and out in maybe 15 minutes? Most of it was just talking to the piercer though. The actually needle going in and then the jewelry was about a minute!

and em what would you say measures up to the pain like what is equal to the pain ?

Everybody is different, to some it'll be quite a sharp pain, to some a teeny pinch, but for either, it'll be better with the needle, as the pain will be done and gone much quicker, as it does less damage.

You'll probably get a strange 'pop' noise as you get the tragus pierced though, as it's so close to the parts of your ear that pick up the noises!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

it's torture. Complete and utter torture

where did u get your tragus pierced?

• Advertisement

it's torture. Complete and utter torture

did u get it dont with gun or needle ? and where did u get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

I got mine done in Metal Morphosisin Temple Bar. It was grand, she did it with a needle and it was done in a flash. She took a few minutes making sure where to mark me for the piercing as my tragus is TINY but as soon as that was sorted the piercing itself took no time. I didn't find it painful but I did bleed a lot. I suppose that depends on the person, I think.

A few months after I had it pierced I went into Wild Cat in Stephen's Green to buy a smaller bar. The guy in Wild Cat was really sound, after I bought the bar he put it in my ear for free. That was sound as tragus piercings are annoying to change the bar for as they can be fiddly and you can't see them.

I'd recommend both places although I did feel more welcome in Wild Cat but the Metal Moorphosis girl was really nice too.

I didn't find it painful at all, its over so fast, Just a little pinch and some pressure really.

Was grand then till I woke up the next morning to a pillow covered in blood :pac:

Don't worry about it at all, its really fine. Can't see it being any worse as your other piercings that were done with a gun sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I had mine done in Snakebite by Steve and honestly, I wouldn't go to anyone else for piercings anymore. He really is the best.

Got mine done with a needle. Took about a minute. It hurt me quite a bit but I didn't really bleed. It will be different for everyone. Overall I think I spent about 20 minutes in the room as Steve was talking to me about aftercare.

Only the dingiest, dodgiest places will pierce you with a gun.
    It really isn't worth the risk. Save up and go somewhere good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

out of the 5 piercings i had done (lobe, tragus, helix, eyebrow, and tongue) the lobe was the most painful because it was done with a gun. the 2 cartilage ones i got done were only a pinch for a split second and the pain was gone. by the time u said ow the pain would be gone. but when i got my lobe done with the gun it was sore for the day, because after all its punching a blunt metal bar through with force.

is there anywhere not in dublin city to get it pierced? raheny or artane or swords ?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

NO - Not ever. Had my ears pierced with a gun many moons ago - as many as I could on one side, always had problems and every one has healed over. Tongue pierced way back in 1997 and tragus and bar across cartalige in ear in 1999, I would never consider a gun and when my kids want regular ear piercings they will go to a piercer not a two bit hairdresser or Saturday girl. The guns simply cause tissue trauma. Tragus you feel the pressure and you hear the weirdest "crunch" but no pain.
    Pay more and get it pierced - any decent gun piercer would refuse to do it anyway.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've had my cartilage pierced with a gun (the girl dropped the gun on the floor, picked it up and pierced away- classy) and both tragus's and other ear cartilage pierced with a needle.
    The gun was far and away more painful. OUCH. The needle wasn't much difference time wise, took longer only because the girl didn't jump at me with a gun in between serving customers and run away again.
    When I got cartilage (NOT MY TRAGUS!) done with a gun, my ears were agony for a good couple of weeks. When I got my tragus done with the needle, it was sore to lie on for a maximum of maybe 5-6 nights then it was grand. I didn't find the procedure too painful tbh. :)

The guys on this forum know what they're talking about- if you get advice here, it's good advice for your own sake. Unless you're a 12 year old getting your lobes pierced, RUN AWAY if anyone comes near you to pierce any body part with a gun- pleeease! :eek:

Posy wrote: »
    I've had my cartilage pierced with a gun (the girl dropped the gun on the floor, picked it up and pierced away- classy) and both tragus's and other ear cartilage pierced with a needle.
    The gun was far and away more painful. OUCH. The needle wasn't much difference time wise, took longer only because the girl didn't jump at me with a gun in between serving customers and run away again.
    When I got cartilage (NOT MY TRAGUS!) done with a gun, my ears were agony for a good couple of weeks. When I got my tragus done with the needle, it was sore to lie on for a maximum of maybe 5-6 nights then it was grand. I didn't find the procedure too painful tbh. :)

Thanks but do you know anywhere not in dublin city to get it done like swords,malahide,raheny ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement