Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H.Dip in Post Primary (UCC)

Options
  • 13-09-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the H.Dip for Post Primary Education in UCC.

I studied Accounting as my Undergraduate degree so I would defitinely be able to teach Accounting for Leaving Cert which as far as I know means I could teach Business Studies for Junior Cert.

I think I would also be eligible for Economics but I am waiting to hear back from the Teaching Council on that.

I had a look on the UCC website and in addition to the core modules, each student must choose 2 of the following modules, which willl be determined by the subjects taken to degree level. : The Teaching of Business Studies, Civic, Social and Political Education, English, Geography, History, Irish, Mathematics, Music, Religious Education, Science, French, German or Spanish and Italian.

I am unsure what I could choose besides Business Studies?

Any info would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Generally people with just one subject go for something like CSPE. You can chose anything really but that doesn't make you qualified to teach it, fort hat you need a degree. PLenty has been said on this in the sticky at the top of this forum on the PGDE (now called the PDE).

Advertisement