Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bundoran

Options
  • 13-09-2011 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hi

im travelling up from kildare to bundoran next week for two nights (tuesday/wednesday nite) im staying in the grand central hotel can anyone tell me what the hotel is like? Will the funfare still be open? Anything worth going to see while im up there? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Honestly, Bundoran in Sept (and mid-week at that) is slow. I don't know if the funfair will still be running mid-week, but even if it is you won't need to schedule more than a couple hours there. If I were you, I'd try to plan some local excursions - surfing if you're into it, or the adventure/water centres, or other Donegal attractions. There are arcades & a cinema, but not much else if the weather's off.

Grand Centrale is as good as any of them.

Enjoy your trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Ayla wrote: »
    Honestly, Bundoran in Sept (and mid-week at that) is slow. I don't know if the funfair will still be running mid-week, but even if it is you won't need to schedule more than a couple hours there. If I were you, I'd try to plan some local excursions - surfing if you're into it, or the adventure/water centres, or other Donegal attractions. There are arcades & a cinema, but not much else if the weather's off.

Grand Centrale is as good as any of them.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for that. Could you recommend a good pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Sorry, can't help there. I know there are a number of pubs & a couple nightclubs but it's been awhile since I would've had the opportunity to go out (kids do that to you!) so wouldn't know of anything recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

Chasin bull,just a few doors up from your hotel and The birds nest, over the bridge in opposite direction.Johnny gallaghers down by waterworld,all good spots but probably will be quiet sept midweek!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Chasin bull,just a few doors up from your hotel and The birds nest, over the bridge in opposite direction.Johnny gallaghers down by waterworld,all good spots but probably will be quiet sept midweek!

thanks will try out a few of them:D any have trad sessions in them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Maddens (corner of Kinlough road) is a good spot for a bit of grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Whats that pub with the 'Donkey' hanging over the front door in Bundoran called???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

The Kicking Donkey

Advertisement