Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes pink baby blanket

Options
  • 13-09-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone has a certain blanket that would have been on sale in dunnes last year!!

My daughter was born in september and got 2 of these blankets as presents was swaddled in them when very little and now almost 1 loves them. She goes to sleep with them every night and snuggles it when she is upset or is teething. I should have bought more as we almost lost one in Blanch last week!! Hindshight is a great thing. So if anyone has one that they don't use I would be happy to buy them as dunnes dont have them anymore. It is a pink fleecy type blanket with darker pink flowers :) If you can help please pm me :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It would be worth e-mailing Dunnes customer service or one of the buyers. We are always getting requests for things like that and if they have the item number they can probably check stock in all branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Check the tag on the blanket if the ink isn't worn off. There will be a number that's 509901 something, ignore that one. There's a shorter one above it- 7 digits long. It should start with 64- which is Nursery, where blankets are. Ring up Head Office and ask if you can check stock of a blanket and give them the style number- the 64XXXXX number. The biggest and most likely stores are Stephen's Green, Henry Street, Cornelscourt, Liffey Valley, Patrick Street Cork and Blanchardstown. Are you sure they don't have them? I work in one and there's plenty of fleecey blankets that probably come from the exact same supplier as yours- there's a bluey one, a pink one, and a cream one with red and green polkadots. I think they're €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sineadc1984

Great Thanks for the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I will keep an eye out for you, my son is 2 and a half and has to have his fleecy "blankey" they may not have that particular design still, but as my son is an avid enthusiast of fleecy's I know that Dunnes and Penny's both have good soft fleecy blankets in a range of colours.

Hope that helps OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

My little girl has this blanket got it as a gift when she was born end of May from a family member loves it too!! Obviously tried to get a back up to no avail but my sister pick a similar one in pennys for 5e now its not 100% alike its a little lighter but she likes it too it might be worth a try? Just wash it first as its sooooo fluffy!

• Advertisement

Thanks girls :)

I have emailed dunnes now be interesting to see if they have any!! I might try pick up another pink one see if I can fool her :) she's almost 1 now so recognises the flowers on her blanket!! Isn't it crazy how quick they get attached to something :)

My little girl has this blanket got it as a gift when she was born end of May from a family member loves it too!! Obviously tried to get a back up to no avail but my sister pick a similar one in pennys for 5e now its not 100% alike its a little lighter but she likes it too it might be worth a try? Just wash it first as its sooooo fluffy!

If the email back with some stock i'll let you know!! we'll have a stock of them :) Luckily I have a back up one but she could leave it anywhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭catch me if you can

I think i might have this blanket. was it light pink with flowers all over it. fleece. can you post a picture of the blanket?

[/IMG]
    I think i might have this blanket. was it light pink with flowers all over it. fleece. can you post a picture of the blanket?[/QUO

?ui=2&ik=403fabf278&view=att&th=13267bd2abb70fd6&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw

hope ive up loaded it right!! It was much more fluffy when it was news she goes around sucking it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭catch me if you can

sorry I cant see the image .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Wondering if anyone has a certain blanket that would have been on sale in dunnes last year!!

My daughter was born in september and got 2 of these blankets as presents was swaddled in them when very little and now almost 1 loves them. She goes to sleep with them every night and snuggles it when she is upset or is teething. I should have bought more as we almost lost one in Blanch last week!! Hindshight is a great thing. So if anyone has one that they don't use I would be happy to buy them as dunnes dont have them anymore. It is a pink fleecy type blanket with darker pink flowers :) If you can help please pm me :)

Thanks

Be careful! I clutched my pink blankie till I was 12. :o My mother had to eventually pretend it had been lost much to my upset. It was minging at that stage and really rough but I loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

If they're slow to get back to you, any Dunnes can check all stores. You could even ring them up. All you need is the style number and the colour- the tag will state the colour also, pink I think!

Reply from Dunnes!! might call into our local shop and get them to check the stock for me!!

Dear Sinead,
    Thank you for your e mail.
    I've checked with our childrens buying office and they've informed me that this is a 2010 style which we no longer stock. This has been replaced with style 64/54341 which is lined on the rear and has different design/colours on the front.

Kind Regards

Mandy Coughlan
    Textile Operations

Advertisement