Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday gift ideas for new girlfriend

Options
  • 13-09-2011 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

Ive been going out with my girlfriend now for 4 months and her birthday is looming in October. I had been friends with her for 3 years before this and she is someone really special to me. But i have no idea what to get her for her birthday and as this is our first birthday together i dunno how much is too much? When i say i have no idea what to get her, i could obviously get her standard things such as perfume, jewellry etc but i want to make it as special as possible for her. Also some of the presents she has bought have been very very thoughtful without being hugely expensive so i am completely baffled!

Any ideas...

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

What kind of a budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 shanty_boys

What kind of a budget?

I suppose round a couple of hundred, 300 max!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That's a lovely budget to play around with. Is she into designer shoes? watches? bags? If you see her fawning over something expensive in the shops or on the internet it would be a great surprise if you got it for her. Means you listen to her too ;)

You could break up the money and spend some on whisking her away for a weekend and some on a gift. Keep an eye on the deal websites - boardsdeals, groupon, living social.

You have a lot of scope for a gift anyway, but the best gift is something personal to her and you're the one that knows her best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I got my GF a trip to Disneyland Paris for our first Christmas together, When i break it down it was under three hundred for her side of it anyway (her flights,Accom,transers).

Maybe you could do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

My boyfriend took me to Paris for Valentines Day and it was the best 2 days of my life!! We hired bikes and cycled around everywhere, just amazing!

I know you have 300quid but I'm thinking if you book cheaply you could get some good deals!

We were actually in London beforehand so we got the Chunnel over, so that made it a good bit cheaper!

If Paris works out too expensive, you should check out some other cool cities!

But I think if you sort it out soon, you should get it for 300!

Good luck, I'm sure she'll be delighted with whatever you get her! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement