Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help with a new bike

• 13-09-2011 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭

hi
    i'm looking to start cycling again, i used to commute a mountain bike with a road bike chainset from dundrum to o'connell street every day but that was 15 years ago, buying my first motorbike ended this

is this a good deal?

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/gentsbicycles/2481371

i want something for exercise and roadwork that i could take offroad the odd time

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

That's quite a serious bike with some good components on it - at a good price. If I had the cash, I'd be looking at that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

It looks like quite a big bike. Are you tall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

It looks like quite a big bike. Are you tall?

6'2"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

Too dear offer 600 then its a bargain .... its a 3 year old bike go up to cyclesuperstore and have a look at their laps and get sized up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Tigger wrote: »
    6'2"

grand so

• Advertisement

dev100 wrote: »
    Too dear offer 600 then its a bargain .... its a 3 year old bike go up to cyclesuperstore and have a look at their laps and get sized up.

Noting of this standard on that site for the money?

Link please

Tigger wrote: »
    Noting of this standard on that site for the money?

Link please

I dont like this bike but it gives you an idea of pricing best off go up and have a look in a few places. There should be great deals on bikes now cause new models are either in or on way

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=31195

dev100 wrote: »
    I dont like this bike but it gives you an idea of pricing best off go up and have a look in a few places. There should be great deals on bikes now cause new models are either in or on way

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=31195

the one i linked to is higher spec ?

i'll know if its worn, i just don't know modern values

Well your talking nearly a 4 year old bike. Parts get upgraded rebadged etc since then . Its a nice bike but if it was me and I was paying 800 ish for a bike. Id be looking for something newer. I reckon 600 or less be a good bargain then.

Put it this way go into a shop and trade in said bike see how much he d offer you:) ya d need to bring the assos cream with ya

Do your homework little trip to cyclesuperstores or cycleways see what prices are like for hardtails

Advertisement