Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer glasses??

Options
  • 13-09-2011 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked before but I like my can of Bud/Miller at night but every glass I put it in the beer goes flat straight away. I even have the proper Heineken pint glasses but it still goes flat.

Any suggestions fellow beer drinkers?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Green Mile

Best to knock it back straight to avoid that problem,

Or you could get 20 party cans instead of 10 larger cans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Green Mile wrote: »
    Best to knock it back straight to avoid that problem,

Or you could get 20 party cans instead of 10 larger cans

LOL I am drinking them fast enough..:D I like the large can TBH because I get them on special offer most of the time. Thanks for the fast reply.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before but I like my can of Bud/Miller at night but every glass I put it in the beer goes flat straight away. I even have the proper Heineken pint glasses but it still goes flat.

Any suggestions fellow beer drinkers?

Drink nicer beer! :p

Head retention is generally dependent on a very clean glass. And by clean I mean no residue from any detergents that you'd get from sticking it in the dishwasher to clean.

That said, apart from Heineken, the beers you mentioned wouldn't be known for good head retention.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can get the glasses with the micro etching in the bottom to create a head. I hate them myself as the head goes quick if not drank fast enough.

As said a clean glass is essential, I prefer half pint glasses with 500ml cans/bottles.

OK I take it the dishwasher isnt that great for cleaning them. Any suggestions for giving them a good clean to degrease them etc.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

-Corkie- wrote: »
    OK I take it the dishwasher isnt that great for cleaning them. Any suggestions for giving them a good clean to degrease them etc.:)

Uh, don't use a dishwasher;);) Unless she's good looking:P

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Uh, don't use a dishwasher;);) Unless she's good looking:P

I know but any specific detergents that will help keep the head..:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You can make a paste with baking soda, salt and water which will degrease it. Rub it in the glass, scrub it with a clean brush, rinse with cold water and let it drip dry.

It's also best to only use your beer glass for beer i.e. not for milk or fruit juice or anything and use a different beer glass if you're having beer with food.

Bud and Miller however, like BaZmo said, are terrible for head retention anyway, a clean glass isn't going to make much of an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Washing up liquid is one of the best grease removers you can use (in oil spills they use it to clean birds). You just need to make sure it's completely rinsed. Drip drying the class is also best, but you can dry it with a tea towel but it needs to be very clean.

Thanks for that folks I appreciate that.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Could the temp of the beer effect the head? If it was very cold would this cause less of a head to form when poured?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭eurokev

ya dont have the beer as cold. Theres nothing worse than beer too cold imo.
    Also have the glass slightly wet. fill with water then shake out.

Try different beers too as other posters have said. So many out there besides the mainstream muck

Advertisement