Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chai-Yo Teppanyaki

Options
  • 13-09-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this, im thinking of heading to Chai-Yo in town on Friday night its on Lower Baggot Street, ive never been or eaten anywhere teppanyaki style.

So just wondering is the food there nice? Also how did other people who have eaten at teppanyaki restauraunts find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

I've eaten in Chai Yo a few times, twice at the teppanyaki table but it's over a year since I been so I'm assuming they've maintained standards.

Although I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food and don't usually like seafood, I really enjoyed it - even tried the seabass the second time around - NOTHING will get me to try prawns etc!!

I've only been there as part of a large group (don't know what it would be like if you were sharing a table with strangers) - we had a good laugh around the table - the chefs do a bit of performing which we thought was entertaining - they didn't go overboard - a bit of juggling and showing off their knife/cooking skills. As I said I'm not a huge seafood fan but enjoyed the seabass and the chicken and beef dishes.

Assuming they've maintained their standards I think you'll really enjoy it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Chai Yo has changed hands in the last year, and I personally didn't think it was great when I was in a month or two ago.

Two better options imo are Mitsuba on Parnell Street (amazing food, but perhaps not for you if you're not adventurous) and also there's a great place in Ranelagh too, the name escapes me.

Advertisement