Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclocross tyres

• 13-09-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

What clincher tyres would you recommend for the upcoming cx season? not sure what brand/size/tread to go with...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I have conti twisters. Seem OK. Really tubs are the way to go if you are prepared to spend the dough on new wheels and the tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

not at this point in time. so if there are clinchers that a particularly difficult to put on, hopefully theyll be difficult to come off at low pressures...like a continental road tyre! :D

I see the Michelin Mud 2 (700x30) get a good review as an all-round tyre...so I just put an order on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Does anyone care about the 33mm rule?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Lumen wrote: »
    Does anyone care about the 33mm rule?

Naaahhh 35's are fine! :D

• Advertisement

the review i read tested the 30s, whats the 33 rule?

ba wrote: »
    the review i read tested the 30s, whats the 33 rule?

http://www.cxmagazine.com/vardaros-editorial-uci-tire-width

would you then recommend 32s or 33s for cross?

My extremely limited experience of cross racing comprises two conditions: dryish and the muddy hell.

When it's dryish it doesn't really matter what you run, and when it's muddy hell nothing will be good enough but I'd want tubs.

Advertisement