Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Use of Fog lights at night, legality?

• 13-09-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Is it against the law to drive around at night with your fog lights on when there is no fog?

The job I'm in at the moment involves driving around on roads late at night, and nearly every car I meet has it's fog lights on. I find it really bad when they are behind you, being blined and trying to keep the vehicle on the proper road position on country roads.

And it's not just "boy racers" that have them on but ordinary car drivers. Is there a reason people have them on, or is it just left on by accident?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

in before the lock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

effluent wrote: »
    Is it against the law to drive around at night with your fog lights on when there is no fog?

The job I'm in at the moment involves driving around on roads late at night, and nearly every car I meet has it's fog lights on. I find it really bad when they are behind you, being blined and trying to keep the vehicle on the proper road position on country roads.

And it's not just "boy racers" that have them on but ordinary car drivers. Is there a reason people have them on, or is it just left on by accident?

I presume your referring to Front fogs and not the rear ones.
    As far as I am aware its not illegal to drive with front ones on, just stupid.
    Although I will say that I don't really find that front ones effect me at all when driving. IF they effect you then just use the night time driving mode in your rear view mirror and you should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It baffles most people. I even see focus drivers with them on and you have to pull the switch towards you to turn them on which is something I dont understand as all you have to do to turn your lights on is turn the dial!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

effluent wrote: »

Yes.
    Now hopefully the mods lock this thread before this can of worms gets fully opened again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

nah leave it opened, i want to see where it goes :D

• Advertisement

Don't drive much at night, so I don't really notice them. I do see a lot of people have them on during daylight hours, pointless I say, why not just put dipped headlights on?

One thing I hate in my rear view mirror at night, is those white light (xenon?) bulbs! Cant see a fecking thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

pa990 wrote: »
    in before the lock
    Testament1 wrote: »
    Yes.
    Now hopefully the mods lock this thread before this can of worms gets fully opened again!

Done but please report items as you see them.
    Mc Love wrote: »
    nah leave it opened, i want to see where it goes :D

:rolleyes:

OP, please read the charter. This has been done to death.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement