Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House needed to rent for week over xmas in Greystones.

Options
  • 13-09-2011 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi all, would anyone have any info regarding a house let over xmas. My sister and husband and 2 kids want to rent a house just for one week while they come home from the UK for xmas. There doesnt seem to be any short term lets so was thinking if anyone was going away for xmas would they let their house out for a week or know of anyone who has a house not let out. I live in Charlesland myself and if u could PM me I would be very greatful. She is willing to pay decent price and is a very house proud person. Any info or ideas I would be very grateful:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sparks115 wrote: »
    Hi all, would anyone have any info regarding a house let over xmas. My sister and husband and 2 kids want to rent a house just for one week while they come home from the UK for xmas. There doesnt seem to be any short term lets so was thinking if anyone was going away for xmas would they let their house out for a week or know of anyone who has a house not let out. I live in Charlesland myself and if u could PM me I would be very greatful. She is willing to pay decent price and is a very house proud person. Any info or ideas I would be very grateful:D

This looks absolutely gorgeous but expensive

http://www.daft.ie/searchshortterm.daft?id=18743

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Fab house - But way out of her price range!!!! Thats mad money for one week. She would be better off in a hotel!! Thanks for finding it though, may have a look around for others. cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Fab house - But way out of her price range!!!! Thats mad money for one week. She would be better off in a hotel!! Thanks for finding it though, may have a look around for others. cheers ;)

There's a few others on that site in Bray, Ashford, Newcastle, Wicklow Town

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

Fab house - But way out of her price range!!!! Thats mad money for one week. She would be better off in a hotel!!

Try to get 2 rooms in a hotel for Christmas week for less than €100 each per night. Not going to be easy at all. Plus then you have to add in all of the meals that you have to eat out - whereas with a house let you can cook at "home".

The pricing is about right. Normally, on a weekly basis one charges at least double the monthly rent for a long-term let. This house would let for around €2000, perhaps as high as €2500, on a long-term basis, so €1250 for a week for a short-term let is spot-on. The rate may be higher for Christmas week - usually is.

If it's "way out of her price range", then if your sister is hoping to pay say 1/3 of that, €400 for the week, she'll be lucky to find someone willing to take on the risk for only €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

There may well be people who would be away at Christmas - the issue is whether it would be worth it to them to let their house for 400/500 euro.
    I thought about it briefly just now myself, but the work involved in putting away everything just doesn't seem a good trade off for the money.
    You might try Leabeag Hse in Kilcoole/Newcastle. They have self-catering cottages adjacent to a farmhouse.
    The price would be around 1,000 I imagine, maybe less, but the accommodation is lovely with nice views.
    http://www.leabeghouse.com/rates.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Thanks all for your advice. I will defo look into those houses in Newcastle area. I wish i had the room to put her up myself and xmas is expensive enough without having to fork out huge money on rents for a week or Hotels but she may not have an option. Will keep a look out anyway. cheers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭aev

Check out Woodstock Demense. They are self catering holiday homes on the same site as the Druid's Glen hotel (formerly Marriott) between Kilcoole and Newtown. It says the rate over Christmas holidays is 710 euro a week.

http://www.daft.ie/searchshortterm.daft?id=7257

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dizjac

Hi - I am going away over christmas and can rent you my duplex (3 doubles) in charlesland. Rgds, Diane

Advertisement