Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They should...

• 13-09-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭

They should design freezers so that the big lumps of ice do not accumulate on complicated bits of the freezing system wedged on top of ledges. I have just spent an hour or more cleaning the fridge and am stuck with three lumps of ice that cannot be go t at and I will just have to wait....tried hot water, hair dryer, all the other ice is gone but these ice bergs are between me and my bed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Be careful if you are stabbing at the ice. I remember my mum putting a knife through the pipes in a fridge some years ago. Fridge was just scrap after that.

Expensive mistake to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Noooo - nothing more dangerous than a wooden spoon! Finally got it sorted before I staggered off to bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

looksee wrote: »
    They should design freezers so that the big lumps of ice do not accumulate on complicated bits of the freezing system wedged on top of ledges. .

eh....erm...eh...Hi Looksee *waves*...eh..erm...about the fridge freezer design thingy..eh....well...they already do design fridges that don't have snow and stuff all over them....I believe they're called ...ahem...."frost free"....
    just thought I'd let you know...seen how's you making a thread an' all...

My fridge freezer is certainly frost free. The bloody thing has stopped working...GRRRRRRRR:(

Indeed Cicero, and I believe my fridge is in fact frost free. The freezer however is another matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Alice1

Indeed Cicero, and I believe my fridge is in fact frost free. The freezer however is another matter.
    And that, my dear Cicero, will teach you to read the flippin' post proper like. Get yer specs on.

Alice1 wrote: »
    And that, my dear Cicero, will teach you to read the flippin' post proper like. Get yer specs on.

but ...but... but...they do freezers frost free too ya know...:(

look...see....

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/beko-tall-frost-free-freezer-tzda504fw---white/749230615.prd

Yes, ok. I accept that freezers can be frost free. Mine isn't. I also agree it wasn't worth starting a thread about. I plead the fact that I really wanted to go to bed, and have been dying with a cold since. (No not really dying, but feeling very pathetic). Come to think of it, who starts defrosting the fridge at 9.30pm?

Just realised that as mod I could close this thread...oh the power! On the other hand it would look as though I was trying to make work for myself. :o

No need to make work for yourself, you have a fridge to defrost. Get on with it you slacker!:D

Y I plead the fact that I really wanted to go to bed, and have been dying with a cold since. (No not really dying, but feeling very pathetic). Come to think of it, who starts defrosting the fridge at 9.30pm?

Do you reckon your cold and the frosty spell you're experiencing are related...?...If they are, you should really consider getting a frost-free freezer you know....:p

• Advertisement

Help OG! You wouldn't consider marking this thread off-topic would you? I'm being got at...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I think there are freezers with an auto defrost programme. The walls of the freezer warm up for a few minutes just to keep the ice from accumulating, but not enough to defrost anything in the freezer.

I'm closing this thread as it is off-topic, with apologies since I started it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement