Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360, April 09 manufacture date, latest firmware - how do i Mod it?

Options
  • 13-09-2011 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Title says it all really :pac:
    Its a lite-on drive too (i can see the yellow wire)
    I've done a bit of research and see there are different ways. Flashing the firmware seems like its something i can do.

So can i flash my 360? or do I have to open it up and solder things?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's obviously a phat if you can see the wire.
    All i can say is follow the Jungleflasher guide to the T and you cannot go wrong.
    With Lite-on either buy Team Xecuter products or build your own the parts you need to get are all listed in Jungleflasher guide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Console

Cheers man :)
    Oh do I have to buy (or build) one of those metal things to touch the motherboard with (i dont know the name of them :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

April 09, probably a LiteOn 78450C - you need a CK3 and a probe for those models

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Console wrote: »
    Cheers man :)
    Oh do I have to buy (or build) one of those metal things to touch the motherboard with (i dont know the name of them :o)

You need a PMT to extract the firmware you can build one of these pretty easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

justryan wrote: »
    You need a PMT to extract the firmware you can build one of these pretty easy

I made one from on/off switch, spare dvd power cable and neddle ;) works like a treat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

docentore wrote: »
    I made one from on/off switch, spare dvd power cable and neddle ;) works like a treat

Same here although I used a probe v1 instead of a needle

Advertisement