Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Video Shot In Ballybane!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Not a fan of the song but the video was well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Not my cuppa tea but fair play to you nonetheless...I'm eastside myself and saddens me so so much that many of my friends have taken bad paths in life, heroin, alcohol, and suicide...yeah we get bad press being from Ballybane, Castlepark and Clareview, but people deserve a chance. Good on you Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The actual editing of the video is very, very good.

I find the people in it a big cringeworthy but that's just me. I don't like that style.

That music wouldn't be up my road but I'm sure for people who do like it, they would really like it!

Well done and best of luck with it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

robwade06 wrote: »
    I am an unsigned artist from Galway City and have just shot the music video to my song in Ballybane, where I grew up. Everyone involved was local and I don't think anything like this has been done before. The song is about my own personal life experiences so I'd like to hear honest some public opinions, good and bad... Here's the link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKSuifWgPl0&feature=channel_video_title

What a terrible song.

If you're going to refer to yourself as an "artist", you might try write / sing a song about something meaningful.

The generic rubbish (in content and sound) you're currently pursuing will see you unsigned for some time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Fair play for having the stones to get out and do something creative.

Was it Kamil that shot that? Looks amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 starship

well done, its great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I like it, I think its pretty catchy.
    Great to see someone getting out there, making a genuine effort and channeling a bit of creativity.
    The girl standing beside you up against the wall looks pretty hawt too!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

What a terrible song.

If you're going to refer to yourself as an "artist", you might try write / sing a song about something meaningful.

The generic rubbish (in content and sound) you're currently pursuing will see you unsigned for some time yet.

wow,i hope your a multi grammy winning artist to be comming out with such tripe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

give the lad a chance,that sort of negativity isnt called for

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

What a terrible song.

Thats your 2nd post in the thread, both as pointless and idiotic as the other, why bother, have you something against the lad.

Well done Rob, not bad at all, video is very well done too.

Some more informed analysis of it below than the BS above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4x_86yGbtE&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭tasha200

You are always going to get smart ass negativity in a public forum.
    I wonder where some of the greats, such as the Beatles etc fit into it with 'meaningfullness'.. (yellow submarine, lucy in the sky etc )
    What is meaningful to one whole section of society, such as a song of this genre, might have no meaning to another. To state it is 'Generic rubbish' is the poster actually stating that they have no understanding of any other genre than that which they hold highly.. It doesnt have to be liked, for it to be applauded for its effort...
    Art, wether it is music etc. is ofcourse subjective... and anyone who has any insight into art obviously can conclude that art does not have to be 'generically' meaningful.. and does not have to mean anything.. The term 'artist' or 'recording artist' could be used to describe someone who makes strange noises then records them then releases them (such as very successful musicians Nurse With Wound etc)
    So, to sum up, if you are going to comment on something someone has obviously worked hard on, just to say it is ****e.. in a rude and condecending way, well, it just reeks of dimness, dullness, and bitterness, ofcourse all things anyone is entitled to be, but sad nevertheless x

• Advertisement

Jez I'd give the fella a lot of credit in that he's at least trying to put his own spin on hip-hop/rap and the lyrics are by and large acceptable by Irish standards.

However after linking a friend earlier he informed me of this lad, GMAN, also from our fair city.... and honest to God Rob blows this fella out of the water.

This other lad is completely trying to rip off American Rappers real cringeworthy stuff.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Wouldn't be my favourite kind of music, cos I'm from an older generation.
    But it's still a good catchy tune/song. I really liked the video.
    Very well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Hey Rob, I love this! Very very catchy.

While I'm not from Castlepark, my da is from Mervue, all my relatives live there, Castlepark and Ballybane. Recognise you, aswell as a few from the video!!

Don't mean to get all sappy, but that song is very touching. Know a few of the lads who unfortunately aren't with us anymore, know a few that knew Mark. I don't think alot of people realise just how much of what your song is about, is really daily life. There have been too many suicides in recent years, it's awful.

On an incredibly lighter note, I've a craving for some bucky but I'm stuck abroad, where I can't get it..

Best of luck with this, it's honestly a great piece of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Buckfast mentioned in a song! There's a first for everything!!

Fair play OP, for all the supposed 'artists' in Galway, I haven't seen much that have the balls to go out and get themselves noticed. Music isn't my favorite type but I enjoyed it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

nice vid m8 loved your time lapse vid also decided to go to leenane this weekend after watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Buckfast mentioned in a song! There's a first for everything!!

Fair play OP, for all the supposed 'artists' in Galway, I haven't seen much that have the balls to go out and get themselves noticed. Music isn't my favorite type but I enjoyed it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

music wise not my thing, i thought it was gonna be silly but it didn't come across as try hard and the video was very well edited. I agree the vocals need to be louder but otherwise it was entertaining and i'd be interested to see what else you'll come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 robwade06

Thanks for your honesty guys. It is what it is, plain and simple. Whether people like it or not it's real and we're just being ourselves in the video, no actors. I never sang a song or played an instrument untill 2 years ago so I'm happy with what I've achieved so far. This song will be judged on by Bob Geldof and top music industry producers and critics next November in the YouBloom Music Awards Grand Final so I'll wait and see what they say about the production before I even think about changing anything. Believe it or not this song started off acoustic and I've another 10 songs written with acoustic backing so I'll be putting them up as I finish putting the rest of the music to them. For the person who asked who shot it?? Yes, it was Kamil, he's very talented and Stephen Patrick Kenny, of One Shot Entertainment, directed it. Thanks again and all comments, good and bad will be appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

at least he is still alive as at 25 cause gun crime is massive in castlepark hood! load up the pipe you deserve it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

hear me now fien!!!

WESTSIDE IS BESTSIDE!!;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Only good thing out of the Westside is the road to the Eastside.;)

Well done Rob!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

bloods n crips yo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

skelliser wrote: »
    hear me now fien!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

orangebud wrote: »
    at least he is still alive as at 25 cause gun crime is massive in castlepark hood! load up the pipe you deserve it :pac:
    He mentions nothing about guns, Castlepark has been through its fair share of hardship and deaths through suicide, overdoses and car accidents, the "25 still alive" lyric is more then likely a reference to this. I don't think he is trying to make out that castlepark is the hood either.

Fair play rob, its a good catchy song that with a bit of editing could be successful. Good luck with the competion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bestofthewest

well done rob great song best of luck in the awards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

skelliser wrote: »
    hear me now fien!!!

Haha, I hear ya Skelliser:D

Westsiiiiiiide.......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,904 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Like so many others ... not my kinda music, but good on ya, hope the Buckfast people pay you for the product placement at 1:40! .. and the music career takes off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

I expected to hate this, but the song is very catchy. To be honest the whole look of the video (mainly the tracksuit gangster look) seems to me to be a bit pathetic and isn't really my thing; that's just personal taste though.

But, the lyrics and melody show great promise. Well done, and it's great to see something positive coming out of an area that gets a lot of bad press, most of which is undeserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok it was fun while it lasted, good luck in the music biz OP.
    Other band promotions removed, this thread was a once off.
    You can still pimp your stuff in another forum, read this first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement