Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everclear

• 13-09-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Where can I get this drink online? I'd like to see what it tastes like.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'd say this is the nearest you'd find here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'd say this is the nearest you'd find here.

Thanks for that but I would like to try Everclear and see what all the fuss is about. I imagine it's not very nice but I thought the same about Absinthe and was pleasantly surprised by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Absinthe is flavored.
    Everclear is pretty much ethanol its a neutral grain spirit, the popular European version of this is a polish product called Spiritus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sitec wrote: »
    Thanks for that but I would like to try Everclear and see what all the fuss is about.
    I never heard much "fuss" about it, i.e. its meant to be a bog standard vodka, which has simply not been diluted back down. Most vodkas are distilled to 95% or so and diluted.

95% alcohol is nasty stuff to be drinking, it sort of dries your teeth. I imagine if you did find some place selling it you would be able to get a couple of bottles of nicer vodka for the same price. If you are mixing it then there is not much point in getting it. I would recommend skyy vodka or smirnoff black as reasonably enough priced vodkas.

It would be useful for making liquers etc since 95% will extract the likes of fruit very well.

Absinthe is not a brand, so there will be different types, good & bad, just like vodka.

Sort of OT but I was in O'Briens yesterday and spotted some normal size bottle of vodka for €120+, their site does not show it, but has aged whiskey at around the same price, dunno how anybody could justify paying €120 for a neutral vodka. They had some other pricey versions of stoli and wyborowa at about €80 or so.

Advertisement