Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videos that restore your faith in humanity

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

good video...nice camera quality for once too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Is it strange that I found the video with the dog more touching?

Maybe because the dog was in distress, I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Most moving piece of music I've ever heard in my life :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

A Utah motorcyclist who was pinned under a burning car, expressed his gratitude on Tuesday for the help of strangers who lifted up the the 4,000 pound (1.8 tonne) vehicle to rescue him, in an act of bravery captured on amateur video. Authorities said 21-year-old Brandon Wright was riding his motorcycle on Monday near the Utah State University campus in Logan when he collided with a black BMW that was pulling out of a parking lot. Tyre and skid marks on the highway indicate that Wright laid the bike down and slid along the road before colliding with the car. The bike hit the car's hood and bounced to the ground, while Wright, who was not a wearing helmet, slid under the car and then both vehicles burst into flames, police said. Wright was pinned to the ground as the flames began to engulf the car. The video shows a crowd of about 10 men and women gathering around the burning car and motorcycle as flames shoot into the air. Quickly the group places their hands on the car and starts to rock it until it tilts up on its side.Once the car is on two wheels, a construction worker can be seen dragging a spread-eagled Wright from under the car

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

Oh my gosh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Lucky man and well done those people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

posted in cool vids pics and links in a thread with a very similiar title to this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Kalimah

The odd thing is they all walk away as soon as he's out from under the car. I thought that was weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Booo hissss, more depravity and suffering please, I need to be entertained!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Video is wrong. They actually put him under there in the first place.

See

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Kalimah wrote: »
    The odd thing is they all walk away as soon as he's out from under the car. I thought that was weird.

Maybe they saw the ambulance coming and went to guide it to the spot/get out of its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭whubee

This will restore your faith in humanity - nae, never going happen

see ww1, ww2, napalm, beheadings, stonings, 9/11, etc etc x 1 kesquillion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the authorities were there so i assume they were letting them do their job

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

To be honest when I saw that first I was convinced the dude was well deaded, the way he was balmed out like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Glad he's ok but wtf was he doing on a motorcycle without a helmet?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Glad he's ok but wtf was he doing on a motorcycle without a helmet?? :eek:

crashing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It doesn't restore my faith in humanity (though it wasn't terribly shaken in the first place). I'd expect anyone who could intervene to help save the life of another human being to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Looks like the cop tells them to move back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

The guy in the suit. Does. Not. Do. A. Tap. Private sector prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kelty

I guess he's the driver of the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Was going to mention the guy in the suit too. fat piece of sh*t. Like those people came together to help that dude. Even a slim woman can be seen trying to move the car. Decent people!

So while its a testoment that in times of need people may help you. there'll always be those who stand back watching. Even the guy with the camera. where was he? just shooting the video safe from his window. god forbid he could run down and help. I know we shouldnt concentrate on that fat suit guy. As more people helped. But at one part everyone in shot is trying to move the car while he is the only one standing around :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

kelty wrote: »
    I guess he's the driver of the car?

Bloody hell, you could be right. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

I'm not gonna lift that in my 5000 dollar suit. Come on!

http://youtu.be/81Nl7VYFEaI

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Fozzydog3

Irish answer = The **** who just stood there filming they couldn't have been more than 50 feet away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭jonnyrudyard

I agree, props to those people (and agree what the hell with the d-bag in the suit?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Advertisement