Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching Celtic (Old Firm) on Sun 18th

Options
  • 14-09-2011 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Now that the players lounge is not open for the match, where else would be a good place to watch the match that would have a few other supporters there?
    Planning on watching match then heading into all-ireland final so close enough to croke park, north city center area.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

This bar could be worth a shot. Its only a 10 min walk from Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Cheers for that, think I'll give it a shot!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

I'd say most places in the Drumcondra/Fairview area will be showing the game tbh.
    Lot of Dublin fans would be Celtic fans aswell, especially those living in that area.

Was going to suggest the Players Lounge there until I remembered!

Madigans on O Connell St would be a good shout, and will be where a lot of Dubs fans will congregate, so should be good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

wixfjord wrote: »
    Lot of Dublin fans would be Celtic sympathisers aswell, especially those living in that area.

fixed ;)

The sunset house, but it's too close to croke park.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Quinns in Drumcondra will have it on, there are numerous TV's in the back bar which will have both the Old Firm game (12.30) and Spurs v Liverpool (1.30) games on. It will be jammers tho!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I'm going to the Vaults near Connolly Station, where the Naomh Pádraig CSC meet. I normally go the Players myself, won't be the same watching it somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Or (presuming you're a Dub) you could forget the soccer for one day and go support the Dublin minors against Tipp. Not every week we're in 2 all Ireland finals.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Or (presuming you're a Dub) you could forget the soccer for one day and go support the Dublin minors against Tipp. Not every week we're in 2 all Ireland finals.

You expect a Celtic fan to skip a Celtic v Rangers game for a minor match? Catch a grip of yourself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

The famous "say no to foreign games" picture comes to mind after reading this thread

Gileadi wrote: »
    The famous "say no to foreign games" picture comes to mind after reading this thread

Why? Nobody is saying that. Can you not support what you want? Home grown and 'foreign' sports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I'd rather watch the minors from my county play an All Ireland final over a foreign team but whatever you wanna do doesn't bother me in the slightest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Gileadi wrote: »
    I'd rather watch the minors from my county play an All Ireland final over a foreign team but whatever you wanna do doesn't bother me in the slightest

Especially when they don't get there every year. If it was Kilkenny minors in hurling, fair enough they'll be back next year. But most other counties should give Celtic Rangers a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You expect a Celtic fan to skip a Celtic v Rangers game for a minor match? Catch a grip of yourself:D

No, I expect a Dublin fan to miss a game between two sh!te teams from Scotland who play each other at least four times every year so he could go see his own county try and win their first all Ireland minor title for 27 years. I think you're the one needs to catch a grip of himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement