Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA / Fetac progression question

Options
  • 14-09-2011 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all, Last year I finished a 1 year FETAC Level 5 course in IT, I was on BTEA.

I have moved into another course this year in IT, in the same college.

The course is described in the prospectus as a 2 year Level 6 course.

However in the course summary it mentions that a Level 5 is awarded at the end of year 1, and a Level 6 at the end of year 2. It says that entry to year 2 of the course is subject to completing year 1.

I have applied for BTEA again. Do people think I may be refused on the technicality that there is a level 5 awarded after year one and I already have a level 5 from last years course?

To put another way, My 2 year level 6 course has an opt out after year one with a level 5 awarded instead of the level 6 which is awarded for completing the full 2 years. Will this disqualify me from BTEA?

I am following the progression laid out by my college in this area but God knows the department of social protection have their own ideas.

Its probably a silly question I know but I am so worried I will be refused and I have literally pinned all my hopes and dreams on getting this qualification and getting a decent entry level job as a network engineer.

Thanks folks. ;)

Advertisement