Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest coal?

• 14-09-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

i see that there is a cheapest oil thread but i get my oil off my neighbour, but i'd love to bulk buy coal and get it at a good rate so it was all there in the shed and i didn't have to keep making sure i had enough there. It would be handy to have enough to do for the winter. any finds like this?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

i see that there is a cheapest oil thread but i get my oil off my neighbour, but i'd love to bulk buy coal and get it at a good rate so it was all there in the shed and i didn't have to keep making sure i had enough there. It would be handy to have enough to do for the winter. any finds like this?
    I always get my fuel off Neylon Fuels, they normally have a very competitive price and have good quality coal. Don't forget there's a smoke ban in place now so be wary of people selling off their old polish coal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I think the smoke ban is just in Ennis though.
    Beware "cheap" coal look for premium stuff at a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

Clareman wrote: »
    I always get my fuel off Neylon Fuels, they normally have a very competitive price and have good quality coal. Don't forget there's a smoke ban in place now so be wary of people selling off their old polish coal

Neylon is good alright. I think good quality smokeless is about 18euro a bag, well that's what it was last winter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

hi,
    thanks for suggestions, yeah i definitely notice a difference with quality from one to the next. i'll check out neylons, never heard of them..i see its on the clare rd from google so i'll have a look. thats interesting about the smoke ban, i saw on tv that clare came out as one of the worst counties for not using smokeless coal. anyways,im guessing it'll be another freezing winter, seems to be going that way...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Shannonside Clon Rd are 16.95 per bag on smokeless black diamond and 160.00 for 10 bags delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭alanclarke1975

Have you tried www.coal.ie ?

Advertisement