Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 month old help?

• 14-09-2011 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

My 3month old girl has been sleeping great but for the past few days come 10pm or there abouts, she gets extremely fussy, crying which turns into howling unless held upright on my chest and rocked and soothed, if she falls asleep and I put her back into her cot she will start howling again, it seems like pain yet she's fully winded etc. It can last into the wee hours. Any ideas what could be wrong? She's grand during the day, happy as Larry laughing and smiling! Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Is she teething yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Sharrow wrote: »
    Is she teething yet?
    Not that I can tell :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She may well be! Try some Calpol or some teething gel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My son was teething at 3 months. A little bit of calpol or teething gel and a teething ring will help. I also got an amber necklace recently, my son is 7.5 months, and since hes been wesring it we've stopped using calpol even though he's obviously teething.

Does she want to be upright during the day? Could it be an ear infection? My mother in law describes sleeping the night sitting upright in a rocking chair because her daughter had an ear infection and would howl every time she was put down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

Thanks for the replies, I have thought about teething but how do I know for sure? She's putting her hands in her mouth a lot and drooling more than normal. Weirdest thing is that she's fine during the day :/

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Hands in mouth and drooling = Teething.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Generally I would support the teething idea, but it could also be some reflux. When she naps during the day is it flat out in the cot/moses basket or in a bouncy chair/car seat? Have you changed anything diet wise (ie: different formula or if you're b/feeding have you started/stopped eating something?)

Advertisement