Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Paper?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Hi

When I got my first tattoo several weeks ago the tattooist printed it on carbon paper and just pressed it against my arm. What paper would he have used and would it have been a special printer? I've looked it up on eBay but there is loads of different types of carbon paper and Im not sure which one I need. I just want to try a few different styles and not be rushed into any decision.

If anybody could point me in the direction on eBay I,d really appreciate it.

Cheers dudes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

why would you need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

why would you need it?

Maybe to try out a few different tattoos in a few different places???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

a tattoo artist isnt going to force him to get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

a tattoo artist isnt going to force him to get it done.

I didn't say I was being forced, I just wanted to try some designs out first and not waste the artists time. I've printed on acetate but it's only so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jippo86

the best carbons i have found to use are known as spirit masters or ditto machine carbons ,usually these have several layers of paper one white one yellow the carbon and a clear plastic sheeting tear out the white sheet and trace the stencil to the yellow paper remembering that the stencil will be backwards position media accordingly
    use a clear stick deoderant that has not been used (sanitary purposes) rub across skin were the tattoo is to be done , place carbon stencil on skin being careful not to move it and then starting from the midle and working your way to the edges rub the stick deoderant on the back of the paper to release more carbon gently peel the stencil from the skin and allow to air dry about 5-10 minutes so it doesn't smudge when your applying the tattoo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement