Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

tonydude wrote: »
    OMG im finding the sphere grid farming a grind....Is it worth it ?

It need not be as difficult as it first seems.

For the grid trophy:

NEVER use clear spheres.

Don't grind luck, fill the gird with easier to get spheres.

Use Kottos to get the power/Mana/Speed/Ability spheres
    Use the Stoic/Comrade overdrive > AP system to get S levels.

All of the spheres are straight forward to grind except:

For fighting dark Aeons and Penance

you'll need HP spheres and Luck.

HP Spheres:
    Auron's Banishing blade, and Rikku's frag grenades instantly break Ironclad's Armor. then ani multi hitting commands will do reems of 99999s (Anima's Oblivion x16, Mindy's Passado x15, Wakka's Attack Reels x12, Tidus' Blitz Ace x9)

to get frag grenades, go to Gagazet cave, and steal them from the litte pirhana fish guys. and as a rare steal from the machina there. you'll very wuickly amass 20~30.

Fortune spheres:
    the fastest is Wakka's "Loner" overdrive method. give him death proof armor and fight the Earth eater alone, every time you take or skip a turn you'll get 1/3 of an overdrive bar.
    (make sure you're strong enough to survive the fights too obviously)
    two 12 hit Attack reels and about 3 regular attacks, will kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

It need not be as difficult as it first seems.

For the grid trophy:

NEVER use clear spheres.

Don't grind luck, fill the gird with easier to get spheres.

Use Kottos to get the power/Mana/Speed/Ability spheres
    Use the Stoic/Comrade overdrive > AP system to get S levels.

All of the spheres are straight forward to grind except:

For fighting dark Aeons and Penance

you'll need HP spheres and Luck.

HP Spheres:
    Auron's Banishing blade, and Rikku's frag grenades instantly break Ironclad's Armor. then ani multi hitting commands will do reems of 99999s (Anima's Oblivion x16, Mindy's Passado x15, Wakka's Attack Reels x12, Tidus' Blitz Ace x9)

to get frag grenades, go to Gagazet cave, and steal them from the litte pirhana fish guys. and as a rare steal from the machina there. you'll very wuickly amass 20~30.

Fortune spheres:
    the fastest is Wakka's "Loner" overdrive method. give him death proof armor and fight the Earth eater alone, every time you take or skip a turn you'll get 1/3 of an overdrive bar.
    (make sure you're strong enough to survive the fights too obviously)
    two 12 hit Attack reels and about 3 regular attacks, will kill him.

How do you get the multi hit command and what armour should I have for the boss fights. Also im doing the grinding for the easy spheres should I get the hp and luck spheres while I move around or did you leave it till you could do no more movement on the grid?

How do you get the multi hit command
    If you mean, x2/x4 slash it isin't in this final Fantasy.

If you mean Wakka's "Attack Reel" Overdrive, it's a prize for playing Blitzball.
    It's his second limit break, therefore, it's the first one win in blitzball.

and what armour should I have for the boss fights
    The Best/Most important Armor skills are:
    Break HP Limit
    Ribbon
    Auto Haste
    and a fourth ability such as:
    Auto Protect, Auto Phoenix, Auto Potion(and X-potions in your inventory) Def+20%, Auto Regen, Curseproof.

There is a non Break HP limit method to beating Penance which is along the lines of
    Auto Haste
    Auto Protect
    Def +20
    with a mix of either
    Auto Potion(with X potions only in your inventory; no potions or Hi potions)
    or
    Auto Phoenix
    I'm doing the grinding for the easy spheres should I get the hp and luck spheres while I move around or did you leave it till you could do no more movement on the grid?
    I messed my grid up and did it the worst way possible.
    You can do what you want with HP spheres they're easy to fill and you do need a lot of them.

But leave Luck because, however many Luck spheres you get, that equates to x7 fortune spheres you'll need to grind before you get the grid trophy; (One to activate that node for each character)

Most players when they come to Penance, have selected three players to use.
    Once you safely have the Grid trophy, delete a few meaningless MP, Evasion and Accuracy nodes and fill them with about 25~30 luck spheres, meaning 75~90 Fortune spheres, (37~45 or so duals with Earth Eater)

Instead of needing 210 or more (105 or more duals with Earth Eater)

General advice:

Break conditions are invisible. You can see if you're characters has been armor/power/magic broken by picking a white magic skill or item that will bring up the status of each character.
    Esuna or remedy won't fix it, they need to be dispelled or, killed and revived.

Dark Yojimbo's Full overdrive bar means 'Zanmoto': This is Game Over unless you get an Aeon to take the hit.

Dark Bahamut
    , needs care. Every 5th counter attack he does is 'Impulse' (Big physical damage, plus Petrify, Full break, Delay, Piercing Slow vs ALL).

Mega Graviton (Penance's Arm, Dark Anima, Mindy, Sandy & Cindy) deals ~45% of your max HP, not, ~45% of your current HP. (if you're below 45% HP it'll kill you).

Thxs for the help . Wont be be hard to get all the necessary items to customise the armour to that lvl for all 3, especially ribbon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

tonydude wrote: »
    Thxs for the help . Wont be be hard to get all the necessary items to customise the armour to that lvl for all 3, especially ribbon

Hi, it's been several years since I beat penance but I'm pretty sure you can't "craft" ribbon like you can the other stats. I believe you have to grind out yojimbo (after ifrit/first dark aeon - can't remember name) and cross your fingers that it drops but if you have wakka and tidus maxed out (which you should for dark aeons) that's a pretty simple grind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

You can get Ribbon on the Armour with 99 Dark Matter. It'd probably be faster to grind Yojimbo to get the armour though.

I got 99 Dark Matter from one of the Monster Arena challenges and used it for Tidus' armour then just had stoneproof on Wakka's and Yuna's armour and was able to beat Anima and Bahamut relatively easily. Bahamut was worse than Anima due to his counterattacks.

Though as I mentioned above the quick Zanmato meant I haven't tried to defeat Penance properly yet, so don't know how stoneproof would work instead of Ribbon. I also avoided breaking HP limit.

All the other items for customising Auto-Phoenix, Haste and Protect can be gotten from bribing monsters. Requires a fair bit of gil though.

Ribbon costs 99 dark matter, which are a nuisance to grind.
    Have it in your head that you will only ever get to '99' dark matter once, which means, you may only give one armor Ribbon, and the only practical way to get the others is to hope dark aeons drop them, or by grinding yojimbo

Grinding Yojimbo has a few advantages: you can fight him four times per 'go' and reset pretty easily.

He common drops dark matter. (meaning it's the fastest way besides Penance himself of getting dark matter)

He rare drops Master sphere (which activates any node in the grid, including luck spheres, easing the pain of grinding earth eaters)

and he occasionally drops random armor with either 3 slots, 4 slots and a combination of HP Break, Ribbon and Curseproof.

Curseproof itself is almost a good an "ultimate armor" skill aince Ribbon doesn't protect against it and some of the dark Aeons do inflict curse.
    Basically sooner or later he will drop a armor that will be
    HP Break
    Ribbon
    empy slot
    empty slot

which is basically gold dust.

Ribbon
    empty
    empty
    empty
    is also good because it's slightly easier to grind Break HP then Ribbon.

Stone proof 'will do' in a pinch, because it at least stops them from shattering your team members i.e., removing them from the fight, all other status can be healed, but shatter is essentially "eject" and the only way to avoid it is Stoneproof or Ribbon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Doing the capture 10 of everything task now to get it out of the way, figure it's also a handy way to get the 450 battles needed for Wakkas Aurochs Reels to show in blitzball.

Does the Tonberry that appears in Omega count towards the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth or will I need ten from there as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Doing the capture 10 of everything task now to get it out of the way, figure it's also a handy way to get the 450 battles needed for Wakkas Aurochs Reels to show in blitzball.

Does the Tonberry that appears in Omega count towards the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth or will I need ten from there as well?

Need 10 from there as well, it was a hateful experience.

Need 10 from there as well, it was a hateful experience.
    Ugh, elusive little bastards, them and Malboros, took two hours to get all ten from the calm lands.

This and getting Lulu's sigil are the biggest pains for me, the rest I can manage without too much frustration.

• Advertisement

The Tonberries in Yojimbo's cave are a different species to the ones elsewhere, unfortunately...

I found them to be one of the most trying ones, because I got so many magic urns.

Aurochs Reels obtained at last, now two more leagues to get the sigil and done with blitzball at last.

Had to laugh at how the other matches play out, especially in tournaments.

Ronso Fangs vs Al Bhed, winner plays me. So I was set for a game against the Al Bhed - Ronsos win 4-0...

Played the Ronso and whooped them 11-0 :D

Keep putting off the lightning strikes, the effort..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone ever figure out how those chests in Omega Ruins work?

noodler wrote: »
    Anyone ever figure out how those chests in Omega Ruins work?

Think it's a one in 4 chance if treasure and if you touch a save sphere it resets the treasue or get an enemy it resets it. Treasure determined by consecutive treasure hauls.

12 chests in groups of 2,3,3 & 4

there is 12 treasures (from a list, it doesn't matter what order you open the chests), the 12th being 99 warp spheres.

Leaving the dungeon or soft resetting resets the list so if you open 3 chests and leave and come back, you cannot get treasures 10, 11 & 12 because the list begins again at treasure no.1.

Every chest has a chance of being a mimic, which if you find, will destroy the rest of the chests in that group.

I believe the mechanics work out that the chance of finding the mimic, depend on how many chests are there in that group, i.e.,

4 chests: 1 in 4
    3 chests: 1 in 3
    2 chests: 1 in 2

The odds of avoiding the mimic all 12 times and getting all 12 treasures are apprx 250:1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone look at the credits & bonus audio yet? Some messed up **** in there. Won't spoil it for whoever hasn't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

A bag of ****e is what it is.

Playing blitzball last night and one of the teams scored against me, first goal conceded since the match against the Luca Goers in Luca, 53 games of a clean sheet. I was mega pissed.

Was going to reset until I realised I hadn't saved in a few games and would have to redo them all again, so ended up going 11-1 against them. Still annoyed they managed to score though, feckin tackle slip..

Wakka's sigil got at last, typically I manage to finally sign Nimrook 3 games before the end of the league...

Only Lulu's sigil left, may go at that tonight, thoughts of it.

Have everyone powered up enough I hope to take on some of the dark aeons, Tidus, Wakka, Auron and Kimarhi all have strength and defense in the mid 100's as well as agility and evasion around the same, think everyones stats are over the 100 mark now bar accuracy and luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Wakka's sigil got at last, typically I manage to finally sign Nimrook 3 games before the end of the league...

Only Lulu's sigil left, may go at that tonight, thoughts of it.

Have everyone powered up enough I hope to take on some of the dark aeons, Tidus, Wakka, Auron and Kimarhi all have strength and defense in the mid 100's as well as agility and evasion around the same, think everyones stats are over the 100 mark now bar accuracy and luck.

Sad how Kimhari becomes irrelevant very soon.

But I do think the other characters are well designed in terms of having a specific role for combat.

I HATED doing LuLu's lightning Bolts thing....Jesus what a chore.

• Advertisement

With your entire team on Max Stats and Celestial Weapons, Kimahri's only role end game is his counter attacking. Other wise he's 'a tactical spare'.

The only fight worth grooming him for, more so then other team mates is Dark Bahamut. You can customise Kimahri's armour to suit Dark Bahamut, (against whom counter attack is very effective) without spoiling armour or customizations for Tidus or Wakka (the other two counter attackers) and he can give the team protect/shell quickly as well with mighty guard (Rikku's are better be she doesn't counter attack)

Counter attack works well enough on the second form of Penance too. He spams Immolation which is counter-attack-able and a free 99999 providing they survive the somewhat random damage.
    At one stage of our long battle I had Kimahri, Wakka and Tidus out, Whomever he hit with Immolation they were getting a free swing back at him, so the counter attacks were chipping at him, which let me use their actual turns for healing and dealing to the arms.

A second use for Kimahri (and other team mates who lose their purpose end game) is, he was one of my designated team mates who didn't have auto phoenix: auto phoenix is a mixed blessing when you have 60000+ HP since it only heals 9999.

Having designated team members who do not have auto phoenix, means you can use Full-life; vital when you're soon to face a mega graviton:
    Barring Rikku's Overdrive, it is impossible to get a auto-pheonixed teammate's HP to above a level that Mega Graviton wouldn't kill them. Therefore, when the going gets tough, against the sisters and Anima, and even Penance, I use Kimarhi and the team mates that don't have auto phoenix in the front line.
    That way, when someone died it only took one turn to get the dead team mate to full health, rather then them being revived to 9999 and then having no way besides a rikku overdrive or using multiple turns to get them to a level they can survive the next attack.

Working on greater sphere now to get my luck spheres, I used Tidus to lay the path to 255 on everything bar luck obviously, once everyone is maxed out ( maybe 150 on luck will do me ) ill sort out my armour then im ready for the final few big battles. With all this grinding ive lost all love for this game even though ive seen monsters i never saw when i originally played it years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Got Auron to 255 strength then cleared the Omega dungeons! Now to go back to the Omega Dungeon and inside sin to capture everything I'm missing so I can complete the sphere grid for everyone. Then I gotta get the 5 treasure chests in that stupid race >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Finally at a point where I can farm Don Tonberry, however I'm wondering is it worth it to farm the ultimate buster for three of the weapons with Triple AP, Triple OD, and OD-> AP then customise the remaining weapons with the same?

FFX-2
    The blitz ball is retarted.

It took me 8 hours of the least fun stat grinding I;ve ever sat through to hit max stats.

I'm now statistically superior to the AL bhed, but what doe my team do?

Shinra passes the ball to the last defender, who casually swims though every single opponant while getting tackled and when she gets to the middle of the pitch PASSING IT ****ING BACKWARDS to a team mate who does the same thing (swims through opponent after opponent).

My entire team is capable of instantly passing the ball to paine who has 40 something endurance and 91 Shoot, but all the do is pass it back and forth until they lose possession. in their own half.

Whats worse if I change the tactic to "pass the ****ing ball to the forward" they pass it to Paine alright, who rather then TAKES THE BALL AND SCORE A GUARANTEED GOAL WITH HER 90 ****ING SHOOT" she "set's up 'X' for the volley". 'X 'being a random team mate down the field somewhere, who catches the ball, and the passes it back to her and she sets them up again for a non existent volley , over and over until possession is lost.

when the Albhed gwt possession though, it;s striaght to business: they pass it to their forward, who instantly tries a corkscrew shot. when Shinra saves the shot (he had 72 catch, the highest it can be) he passes it to a defender and the whole thing starts again, or he deflects it and the Al Behd get infinite Vollies until it eventually goes it, or the game runes out of time.

FFX-2 is the worst RPG I've ever played and I hope SE go bankrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

FFX-2 is the worst RPG I've ever played and I hope SE go bankrupt.

Jaysus! So, I've just got the Platinum on FFXHD after 119 hours. Love that game but never played or had a desire to play X-2 due to everyone's negative opinions on it. Was thinking I should experience it after finishing X but I think I'll permanently pass over it now. Cheers!

Klair88 wrote: »
    Jaysus! So, I've just got the Platinum on FFXHD after 119 hours. Love that game but never played or had a desire to play X-2 due to everyone's negative opinions on it. Was thinking I should experience it after finishing X but I think I'll permanently pass over it now. Cheers!

Tbf, it's an enjoyable game (aside from that stupid blitzball which they ****ed up) Just don't expect FFX.

I think it's worth a play if you've already bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I just bought the PS Vita version from the PS Store for €20. Looking forward to playing them after I finish Persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

i remember playing this back when i still have ps2, i really enjoyed this game, but ff9 still rock for me on all ff series! and also ff tactics ehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I'm really struggling to finish FF X hd, im inside Sin now, the boss fights are typically final fantasy tough (unless you grind out the cheese), but the unskippable cut scenes and now the annoying crystal collection really annoy me (where you get ambushed by an auto party confuse maralabo). The game is an ergonomic nightmare as well, I foolishly took a black magic spell on yuna and now i have to scroll down all the way down to white magic and then all the way down to relevant spells in that list. Every character seems to have the same issue, hurray for use on rikku. Not to mention try to scroll through every crappy item just to get to the good stuff in customize.Targeting can be a royal pain as well sometimes ending up with a heal on a boss. I cant imagine more of a nightmare than trying to 100% this game. I havent felt like giving up just an hour or so away from beating a game ,but damn its annoying.

It was fun at the start because the despite the high random attack rate the plot advanced at a reasonable rate, but after the calm lands its fustrating moving a quater screen, entering a menu scroll fest and then moving another quater.

Advertisement