Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Ploughing Championship best day?

• 14-09-2011 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

What is the least busiest day to attend the NPC, 1st, 2nd or 3rd day? Is the first day a bit crowded? In general, for what ever reason, can anyone recommend any particular day?

Coming up from the South on the M8, looking at getting off the M8 around Durrow and cutting across up to Abbeyleix then onto Stradbally, then onto Athy. Taking this route rather than going into Portlaoise town and going from there over to Stradbally/Athy. Folks that have taking or know the area, would they agree? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

My dad's always said the first day. you may as well be making the muck on day one, as wading through it on day two or three.

and my spider sense predicts it could be mucky this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

As a 1st time farmer doing ag fo da lc im looking foreword to going ploughing with skool as it is me 1st time :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭roosterman71

coldwood92 wrote: »
    As a 1st time farmer doing ag fo da lc im looking foreword to going ploughing with skool as it is me 1st time :):D

Oh yull hve such a kool time dere
    yull c da sheeps wit there wooly skinz, some milk cowz and the traktors
    OMG...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Knock off the text type talk please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭roosterman71

johngalway wrote: »

I was pulling the pee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

How much is the admission this year??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

We always go the 2nd day. Not sure why, tradition ha :D Last year I went the 1st day with the school and the 2nd day from home. Was knackered, needless to say!

p.s. Anyone going, don't go near the 3 card trick! I was one of the fools you see getting played for €40 last year, never again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

First day .+ Field and car parks in good condition. Traffic chaos ( probably not this year as its a return visit to Athy)
    Second day.Every secondary school kid in the country . Mud everywhere if its wet.
    Third day. Exhibitor fatigue . Bargains to be got from same weary exhibitors. Entire site like a swamp if it rains.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭stanflt

have been getting in as a student for the last 15years:p
    and will chance my arm again this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭9935452

The ploughing has been in Athy for the last few years on the same farm..
    We go from limerick and are usually there for eight or half past.
    We head up the Portlaois bypass and turn off for Athy.
    They have the traffic coming from this side organised to a tee.
    There is no waiting in trafic, its constantly moving at a good pace.
    Would recommend going this way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Birdnuts wrote: »
    How much is the admission this year??:)

Heard its 20 yoyo, anyone hear different?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

fastrac wrote: »
    First day .+ Field and car parks in good condition. Traffic chaos ( probably not this year as its a return visit to Athy)
    Second day.Every secondary school kid in the country . Mud everywhere if its wet.
    Third day. Exhibitor fatigue . Bargains to be got from same weary exhibitors. Entire site like a swamp if it rains.
    Enjoy.
    A fantastic summary of the ploughing. Post of the day:p

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

13spanner wrote: »
    We always go the 2nd day. Not sure why, tradition ha :D Last year I went the 1st day with the school and the 2nd day from home. Was knackered, needless to say!

p.s. Anyone going, don't go near the 3 card trick! I was one of the fools you see getting played for €40 last year, never again :rolleyes:
    why, is it a fix......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

stanflt wrote: »
    have been getting in as a student for the last 15years:p
    and will chance my arm again this year
    do ya get asked for a student card? i got asked for id a few weeks ago when buying a bottle of wine:D was dead chuffed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

PMU wrote: »
    why, is it a fix......?
    not at all its a game of chance and your chance of winning is nil

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

charityboy wrote: »
    not at all its a game of chance and your chance of winning is nil

i was being ironic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

13spanner wrote: »

I have a business proposition which may interest you. I'm a deposed African dictator in need of someone to help me get my money to Europe. All I'll need is your bank account details, credit card number and your passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I have a business proposition which may interest you. I'm a deposed African dictator in need of someone to help me get my money to Europe. All I'll need is your bank account details, credit card number and your passport.
    :rolleyes:

johngalway wrote: »

I was pulling the pee
    Yeah I thought u were pulling the pee

HAHA:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement