Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed urgently!

Options
  • 14-09-2011 9:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hey Guys

I need to get peoples advice on something very quickly, I have been offered a job on contract for 5 months as an engineer which ends the day before my 1st whv ends. They wont know if they will have the work to keep me on by sponsorship until just after xmas which leaves me not enough time to do the regional work needed to get my second and would force me to leave the country.
    So my dilemma is go with job and hope to god they have the work to keep me on after the contract or turn the job down and apply for more work until i have to go on the regional work.
    But I have heard that the regional work can be done by one person and their defacto partner can be put on it for the 2nd year visa, this has all been talk among some friends also over here so i am suspicious of it, so here is where the urgent help is needed can anybody else tell me if this is true or if i have to make this pain in the ass decision.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Sorry but if its not here its just talk

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/eligibility-second.htm

My advice would be to get the 2nd year VISA and let the job go.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Let the job go n do the work for the second WHV you will then have more time to try n get a job with more possability of sponcership.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

I'm kind of in the same situation aswell, I have local experience here and could easily get another job but if I don't get sponsored I won't have done any travelling and would have to leave the country so I'm going to do the regional work next week hopefully. My advice is let the job go, if you have local experience you could easily get another after the regional work and have more options open to you.

Advertisement