Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Installation Wexford

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

scatter wrote: »
    CSMI are the asa but cant find any contact for them

Sky should have contact details for them. Tbh I never ever heard of CSMI or this BDirect until this thread started. Zerks is also in the Sky Business maybe he knows who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

scaller wrote: »
    Sky should have contact details for them. Tbh I never ever heard of CSMI or this BDirect until this thread started. Zerks is also in the Sky Business maybe he knows who they are.

Never heard of CSMI, I heard of BDirect,just a guy who hired door to door reps to sell Sky on his behalf.BDirect are based just outside Ballywilliam on the New Ross road.

I heard there were guys from Tipperary selling Sky door to door all over Wexford a few weeks ago,some didn't even leave contact details for customers to ring them if they got cards or had problems.The Sky kiosk in Tesco was innundated as people thought all Sky sellers were the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

By the way i have rang Bdirect 33 times today with the 3 numbers i have for them.

ring sky. sky would have sent out the card so its actually their problem. the subscription being wrong could be down to the form being filled out wrong but you should have a copy of that to check so its more than likely sky's fault too.

i came accross that a few times where they didn't switch on sky sports or movies etc. and it was only a matter of calling with your account no. you might even get a free month of sports or movies out of it as an apology.

basically once your installed the agents are paid and couldn't give a ****e.

ring sky. sky would have sent out the card so its actually their problem. the subscription being wrong could be down to the form being filled out wrong but you should have a copy of that to check so its more than likely sky's fault too.

i came accross that a few times where they didn't switch on sky sports or movies etc. and it was only a matter of calling with your account no. you might even get a free month of sports or movies out of it as an apology.

basically once your installed the agents are paid and couldn't give a ****e.

Brian that's basically the problem with signing up to Sky through a Reseller or a commission based contract sales rep. (No Back Up Service). What happens if the customers equipment packs up within the 1 year warranty. There is no point in the customer phoning Sky they will tell the customer to contact the person who either installed it or sold sky to the customer. The Installers for these ASA installs are subbies on minimum install rates and probably are not based in the same county as the customer so the installer is not going to leave his contact number. The OP has a problem and the crowd that sold him the Sky contract are not returning his calls (33 in 1 day) which is very bad .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scatter

Having gone through B-Direct communications in new ross,i would not reccommend them to anybody.No-one answers the phones ,if you leave a message no response to that either.COWBOYS to say the least.Pass the word .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Harry.c

Having gone through B-Direct communications in new ross,i would not reccommend them to anybody.No-one answers the phones ,if you leave a message no response to that either.COWBOYS to say the least.Pass the word .

STAY AWAY from this crowd, I no an elderly couple who they tried to charge 65 uro for a call out to replace a sky plus box that was still under guarentee, these gangsters should be highlighted for what they are, and ousted out, for the publics sake

something very strange going on here. im not defending b-direct or anything but some of the stuff and the pattern of people posting is a bit strange. they dont install sky for a start, they're a sales company. anyone trying to charge €65 would have nothing to do with them.

something very strange going on here. im not defending b-direct or anything but some of the stuff and the pattern of people posting is a bit strange. they dont install sky for a start, they're a sales company. anyone trying to charge €65 would have nothing to do with them.

Brian I don't see anything strange going on at all, The thread started with the 1st poster looking for a recommendation on a Sky supplier I gave him a Few and then another poster linked a Face book page to this Bdirect and this Bdirect are claiming to be Saorview agents ( no such thing) another poster has claimed he worked for Bdirect and is owed money for selling Sky Door to Door and {Saorview Door to Door which is illegal} and another poster has been left in a mess after signing to sky through Bdirect and now Bdirect wont answer any of his calls.
    Harry.c, Zerks, and Myself are in the TV business a long time and we know how all this ASA SKY sales work and we all also know that this Bdirect is not an Electrical retailer or a Saorview approved retailer so there is no way that they/he can sell saorview to the public. You can see here who are the only registered retailers in Newross that can sell Saorview http://www.saorview.ie/products-retailers/find-a-retailer/?county=31&town=New+Ross&btsumbit=Search#

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭FMartinp

Wexford Trade is where most of the installers in Wexford buy their Saorview and Satellite boxes. Tel 053-9147150. They also sell to the public and the older guy in there knows this stuff inside out. He'll also recommend installers.

FMartinp wrote: »
    Wexford Trade is where most of the installers in Wexford buy their Saorview and Satellite boxes. Tel 053-9147150. They also sell to the public and the older guy in there knows this stuff inside out. He'll also recommend installers.

And they are approved to sell saorview http://www.saorview.ie/products-retailers/find-a-retailer/?county=31&town=Wexford&btsumbit=Search#

• Advertisement

They sell Sky and have installers working for them,I take it the elderly couple in question rang them wanting a service call and ended up with Bdirect trying to charge them €65 for a call that should cost nothing.

As an example,if I ordered Sky from them,I wouldn't expect a plumber to turn up.So yes-They are responsible for the installation of their Sky sales.

This has always been the way.If you order direct from Sky they send out a Sierra installer.Each reseller has their own installers.

As an aside,I heard that Bdirect have an installer working for them now who is an absolute gangster and I wouldn't let him plug in a kettle,let alone install Sky.If Bdirect want to ruin their already tarnished rep then he's the man to do it.

zerks wrote: »
    They sell Sky and have installers working for them,I take it the elderly couple in question rang them wanting a service call and ended up with Bdirect trying to charge them €65 for a call that should cost nothing.

yeah i see what you mean. if thats what actually happened its dodgy carry on alright.

yeah i see what you mean. if thats what actually happened its dodgy carry on alright.

I know Harry.c along time. He is well respected in the TV business and would not make up this story. What actually happened was that the SKY+ box was in warranty the customer phoned this Bdirect with a problem the person who answered the call hadn't a clue what to do ( went to speak to the BOSS) and put the customer on hold unaware that the customer could hear the conversation. €65 was mentioned. Harry.c might be back later to clarify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Harry.c

Hi Brian,

As Scaller explained,that is what happened, he is correct, they were not charged in the end soley due to me being there and explaining about the warrenty, and helping their daughter to talk to the girl in the so called office who hadnt a clue,

The point is,there are sales people and intallers trying to do what this crowd of chancers did, and that is chanced their arm, when they shouldnt have been asking for the money in the first place,

My opinion the sooner people know of the disonesty of this crowd and others, the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Dougal.

The Managing Director of B-Direct Communications Co Ltd has commented on a another thread here but not this one.????? I wonder is it the fact that guys from the TV business are posting here regarding illegal door to door Saorview selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Bdirect are claiming to be Saorview agents ( no such thing) another poster has claimed he worked for Bdirect and is owed money for selling Sky Door to Door and {Saorview Door to Door which is illegal}

Slight aside but I'm curious: is it really illegal to sell Saorview equipment or installation services door to door??? For sure there are only two retailers listed in the New Ross area, and all of the 12 registered retailers in Wexford are bricks & mortar shops rather than installers, but I'd have thought that if I wanted to set up a business buying Saorview-approved equipment & reselling it, with or without installation services, there's nothing to stop me doing so, as long as I'm not misrepresenting the equipment as being Saorview-approved when its not. Am I wrong?

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Slight aside but I'm curious: is it really illegal to sell Saorview equipment or installation services door to door??? For sure there are only two retailers listed in the New Ross area, and all of the 12 registered retailers in Wexford are bricks & mortar shops rather than installers, but I'd have thought that if I wanted to set up a business buying Saorview-approved equipment & reselling it, with or without installation services, there's nothing to stop me doing so, as long as I'm not misrepresenting the equipment as being Saorview-approved when its not. Am I wrong?

If you want to become a Saorview Approved retailer then you need to register
    http://www.saorview.ie/trade-login/why-register/

Neither SAORVIEW nor RTÉ has commissioned or endorsed any door-to-door sales activities under the SAORVIEW or RTÉ brands. Its here for everyone to see.http://www.saorview.ie/news/avoid-scams-door-to-door-seller-warning/ Saorview/RTE own the Saorview name and logo they have and are still policing their Name and Logo. I don't think that UPC send out resellers door to door but since Sky Digital went public here in Ireland in 1999-2000 lots of installation companies subbed out door to door ASA sales and all these smaller companies started popping up.

Dougal. wrote: »
    The Managing Director of B-Direct Communications Co Ltd has commented on a another thread here but not this one.????? I wonder is it the fact that guys from the TV business are posting here regarding illegal door to door Saorview selling.

Maybe the Mods will merge both these threads as both are touching on the same subject.

Neither SAORVIEW nor RTÉ has commissioned or endorsed any door-to-door sales activities under the SAORVIEW or RTÉ brands. Its here for everyone to see.http://www.saorview.ie/news/avoid-scams-door-to-door-seller-warning/ Saorview/RTE own the Saorview name and logo they have and are still policing their Name and Logo. I don't think that UPC send out resellers door to door but since Sky Digital went public here in Ireland in 1999-2000 lots of installation companies subbed out door to door ASA sales and all these smaller companies started popping up.

Interesting, that link, and good advice for dealing with anyone who calls to your door selling stuff of any sort. When I was getting my own Sky installation, many years ago, I chose a local installer with whom I was very satisfied, rather than going through an agent.

It does appear to me that its the RTE and Saorview logos which are being protected, and they are distancing themselves from such agents. It doesn't tell me that door to door sales of Saorview-approved equipment is illegal (a very strong word) though.

I can see that Zerks is a long-established member here and I believe he has previously given me sound advice re. Sky agents with no benefit to himself, so therefore I do trust what he's saying. However I'm normally a little more cautious of those who have low post-counts, and are active on a narrow range of subjects (e.g. satellite-related), and then start slagging off competitors. Its not quite gotten to the point where I consider it worthy of reporting to a mod but its getting close.

For what its worth, I'm a consumer, living in the New Ross area, with nothing but a consumer's interest in this. I had a brief brush with Sky resellers earlier in the year - when we were offered a too-good-to-be-true deal from a door-to-door agent purporting to be from Sky - but nothing other than that. (In that case I bought a Sky box on adverts and haven't regretted it).

If you need any questions answered there is a Rep from saorview on boards.ie http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056474429

I think the thread explains it self. As I said earlier Harry.c is a long term aerial rigger and a genuine bloke he don't venture here much (low Post count) but he is passionate about the Job he is in and does not want it ruined by sales companies out to make a quick buck. He is not lying when he mentioned €65 for a service call that should be Free. Now what I don't understand is why you want to report this to a mod we have posters here who claim they are owed money from this bdirect and another unhappy poster trying to highlight the fact that they got no back up service from bdirect. I am trying to get the message across that they are blatantly advertising saorview door to door sales and misusing the saorview logo. bdirect joined boards tonight and has commented in another thread but has not mentioned anything regarding saorview or has he commented in this thread regarding saorview. So I would leave the reporting until Bdirect shane2008 gives us his reply on Saorview door to door selling.
    Zerks is involved with sky sales a long time but he is only a new member on Boards.ie but he posts a lot. regarding Saorview retailers in Newross i am quite surprised that Bridge Records/Finns Tv have not went forward for Approval. I did quite a lot of work for them many Years back

• Advertisement

Maybe HarryC is genuine, I don't know.

Maybe Bdirect are not people you'd want to deal with, again I don't know. (Around the time I was looking for my replacement Sky box and the door-to-door agents called, I actually rang them as I was aware of them being local. I too was unable to get an answer on any of their numbers, which put me off.)

But the fact remains that there are people with conflicts of interests turning up here slagging off a company, reporting their points of view as being fact. Its rarely that straightforward - every story has two sides. As I understand it, when people promote their own businesses under an alias its known as shilling and its frowned upon by Boards. The reason that I'd consider reporting this thread is that I'd see vested interests slagging off competitors in the same vein. It'd be for a mod to assess though.

Perhaps the MD of Bdirect will be back to give his point of view - who knows. It certainly would be interesting to hear. For me it reinforces my principle of never buying from anyone who comes door-to-door. I've stuck to it so far and I see no reason to change.

Maybe HarryC is genuine, I don't know.

He is and a very good and honest man to know.
    Originally Posted by Dilbert75

Perhaps the MD of Bdirect will be back to give his point of view - who knows. It certainly would be interesting to hear. For me it reinforces my principle of never buying from anyone who comes door-to-door.

Yes we would love to hear what he has to say regarding his company advertising and selling saorview door to door.

regarding Saorview retailers in Newross i am quite surprised that Bridge Records/Finns Tv have not went forward for Approval. I did quite a lot of work for them many Years back

That's a good point. It was Toddy in Bridge Records who, with a chap called Lee, installed my Sky. They did a great job - neat, tidy and inobtrusive where all of my neighbours have black cables draped all over the place. Don't think Toddy works there now but he was always a sound guy.

That's a good point. It was Toddy in Bridge Records who, with a chap called Lee, installed my Sky. They did a great job - neat, tidy and inobtrusive where all of my neighbours have black cables draped all over the place. Don't think Toddy works there now but he was always a sound guy.

2 sound guys Lee Matthews and Toddy. Toddy left to set-up a wind turbine business. We all Know each other and Toddy would say the exact same about Harry.c as I have said. as far as i know Lee is still doing Installs in NewRoss.

If you want to become a Saorview Approved retailer then you need to register
    http://www.saorview.ie/trade-login/why-register/

UPC also do door to door sales but are limited to cable areas.

There is a high turnover in door to door reps,many simply can't hack it.Many more simply tell people anything to get a sale.
    It's the reps we don't hear about that are the good ones,honest in their dealings and have pride in their reputation.

I've met & dealt with many reps,it's easy to spot the spoofers.Trust me installers hate these guys as it's usually left up to the installer to explain to customers as to why they can't install multiroom without phonelines or that the customer won't get half price Sky for a year.

I personally had to change a reps offers details at a kiosk to stop the poor guy getting lynched at a future date,his 'sales manager' gave him a list of offers that he must have got from fantasy island & left the poor guy on his own with minimal training-The guy barely knew how much he was to charge people.I didn't have to do it but couldn't walk by and let this happen as it genuinely wasn't the guy's fault.

It's this cavalier attitude that causes trouble, be it selling Sky,electricity suppliers or telco.

Yes we've all had difficult customers but ignoring them is bad for business as bad news travels fast.This has been demonstrated in 2 threads here already.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

The poster in question was directed to speak with our Community Managers to verify his identity.

The topic in question was removed as there is already one in the Consumer Issues forum and some of the posts in that thread may have landed Boards.ie and said posters in legal hot water.

Any questions about this, feel free to send me a PM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rayfer

Has anyone come across a crowd in New Ross Wexford who are selling SKY and QSAT broadband. They are getting in the sales but not paying the reps their commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rayfer

zerks wrote: »
    UPC also do door to door sales but are limited to cable areas.

There is a high turnover in door to door reps,many simply can't hack it.Many more simply tell people anything to get a sale.
    It's the reps we don't hear about that are the good ones,honest in their dealings and have pride in their reputation.

I've met & dealt with many reps,it's easy to spot the spoofers.Trust me installers hate these guys as it's usually left up to the installer to explain to customers as to why they can't install multiroom without phonelines or that the customer won't get half price Sky for a year.

I personally had to change a reps offers details at a kiosk to stop the poor guy getting lynched at a future date,his 'sales manager' gave him a list of offers that he must have got from fantasy island & left the poor guy on his own with minimal training-The guy barely knew how much he was to charge people.I didn't have to do it but couldn't walk by and let this happen as it genuinely wasn't the guy's fault.

It's this cavalier attitude that causes trouble, be it selling Sky,electricity suppliers or telco.

Yes we've all had difficult customers but ignoring them is bad for business as bad news travels fast.This has been demonstrated in 2 threads here already.
    Heard a crowd in New Ross (B-Direct Communications I think) selling Sky/Broadband/Saorview have reps on the road but reps not being paid commission after work is done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

rayfer wrote: »
    Have done work for BDirect Comm in New Ross(selling SKY and QSAT) and now they won't pay me for sales done. Anyone else out there caught by these scammers?
    B Direct have a scam on at the moment. They get you to sell SKY and Saor View on their behalf but then won't pay sales reps when work is done. Anyone else come accross this problem?
    Has anyone come across a crowd in New Ross Wexford who are selling SKY and QSAT broadband. They are getting in the sales but not paying the reps their commission.
    Heard a crowd in New Ross (B-Direct Communications I think) selling Sky/Broadband/Saorview have reps on the road but reps not being paid commission after work is done.

ask again there.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Rayfer. your 4 posts here are all about you been stung by B-direct communications. There are 3 guys here who post on these Wexford threads including myself who are in the Installation business. We all know the story with what is happening with ASA resellers for Sky not paying door to door reps. You say that you were selling Saorview Door to Door for this guy B-direct in New Ross . The only Advice I can give you is for you to contact Saorview at http://www.saorview.ie/contact/ and explain to them that this guy has people going around door to door selling Saorview. Now regarding Sky Sales you should take your concerns to the Satellite threads http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55 and your Saorview sales to the terrestrial threads http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=56 posters in those threads would be able to help you more that people on the Wexford threads.

Advertisement