Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Installation Wexford

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

My power went off for a couple of seconds this morning in thunder storm and as a result my sky+ box seems to have been knackered. Anyone know of anyone in Wexford who will sort this for me as a nixer?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

What exactly is the Sky+ box not doing. i.e. not switching on or no signal
    is the box stuck on standby. Have you tried unplugging from the mains for a few seconds to reboot the box. If worse comes to worse and the PSU has been fried in the box then no man either in the Business or as a Nixer can sort this out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

scaller wrote: »
    What exactly is the Sky+ box not doing. i.e. not switching on or no signal
    is the box stuck on standby. Have you tried unplugging from the mains for a few seconds to reboot the box. If worse comes to worse and the PSU has been fried in the box then no man either in the Business or as a Nixer can sort this out for you.

+1

If it is knackered,the best thing to do is ring sky and threaten to cancel.They'll magically replace the box for free.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chieftan65

has b-direct gone out of business??

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Most of the door to door cold calling sky sales contractors are gone completely. Sky AFAIK has had a major reshuffle in Ireland. Too many complaints from customers who have been as we say Turned and Churned and ended up paying 2 bills. Zerks will probably know more about the whole set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Haven't seen a B-Direct rep since Sky did a huge clean sweep of ASA holders.B-Direct had a woeful reputation for churn and poor customer service,any company that's constantly looking for staff has to ring alarm bells.From the looks of things they are gone,their saorview campaign was their last hurrah.

The only Sky sales company I've encountered recently are based in Waterford as I've had them call to my house twice since January.
    With Sky pushing their triple play service it seems the best deals are to be had by contacting them directly,before the deals fluctuated between in-house sales and ASA holders.

Advertisement