Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclist Killed in Hit and Run

• 14-09-2011 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Garda release:

Fatal hit and run Carbury 13th Sept 2011
    Gardai in Carbury, Co Kildare are investigating the circumstances of a fatal hit and run road traffic collision on the Kinnegad to Edenderry road on the 13th Sept 2011.

The collision occured on the Kinnegad to Edenderry rd(R401) at Carrick approx 3 miles from Carbury.The collision between a male cyclist(61yrs) and a vehicle occurred at approx 8.55pm on the 13th Sept 2011. The vehicle failed to remain at the scene. The cyclist received fatal injuries and has been taken to Naas General Hospital.

The road is closed for a forensic collision examination and diversions are in place.

Witnesses or anyone who may have seen the cyclist on the road or who may have information in relation to the collision are asked to contact the Gardai in Leixlip on 01 6667800.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Is it just me or do we seem to be seeing a lot more hit and runs on cyclists reported (here and in the news)?

RIP, very sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

RIP

It's very sad to read yet another report like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Terrible news, I used to live right on front of where it happened.

My sister lives there now and she said it's a terrifying thing to think about

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Sad news.

As for that scumbag driver, hope he gets what he deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

R.I.P. and my condolences to the family and friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭peterako

I HAVE noticed and increasing lack of regard for cyclists by motorists in recent times.

Possibly due to the fact that many of today's motorists may not have ridden a bike at some time.

Often it is from underestimating just how quickly a bike can move and then either:

- pulling out in front of them on from a junction or...
    - pulling in too soon after overtaking or
    - not leaving ANY space while overtaking

All three have been happening to me a lot this year. Much, much more than in the past.

:(

Another worrying development is the silly trend these days for 'serious' cyclists to wear dark (mainly black) clothing.

Come on guys!
    Be safe! Be seen!!

Be careful out there.

May that gent rest in peace and I hope they catch the driver.

Peter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

let's not swing this into a debate, sympathies only please

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I know the poor man that was killed, he had only started on the bike recently to help with his Cholesterol,

He was a lovely man with a big family my heart goes out to them now. I hope they find out who did it and bring them to justice.

RIP P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Terrible news. Condolences to the family.

I've cycled that road 2 or 3 times this year, it's terrible to think somebody lost their life there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Terrible news, RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Good on ye Gardai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

Terrible news RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭a148pro

So sad, RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Poor Critter - Condolences to his family and friends RIP

Lets be careful out there lads !

Advertisement