Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Merchant Services PLEASE

Options
  • 14-09-2011 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Can anybody please help and advise me.

I bought an existing online retail store. The site currently uses Realex for payments.
    I went to my Bank - BOI who put me through to Elavon to get a merchant account. After three weeks of messing me about and getting a huge amount of info from me I got a letter this morning to say my application had been refused. I have a small blip on my credit history.

So now what do I do? I need merchant services asap as the site is currently making money and this money is going to the past owner.

I need a payment system that will take both laser cards and credit cards. I know laser cards are on the way out but for the short term I still need the ability to process them.

I would really appreciate any help with this.
    Does anyone have any feedback on Moneybookers? I have a moneybookers credit card for personal use and find it great and their customer service is excellent.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Strings.ie

Worldpay. Use them for a year and get a bit of history then try for a merchant account.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Did Elavon ask you for a business plan.? The refusal may be to do with their chargeback requirements. The guidelines on sale of certain types of products are also changing. Bottom line Elavon need to cover any risk at their end. You may find Ulster Bank and Worldpay an easier option.

Advertisement