Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on diagnosing/repairing Triton T90i?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi all,

First I've done a search on this issue and read similar, so i think I know what the issue is.

Context: Shower is a Triton t90i, at least 10 years old. In better times I'd have replaced the shower, but well, you know how it is.

Two years ago it started tripping the mains occasionally but a spray with WD-40 internally solved this issue.

Now it has power, is not tripping the mains. Water is flowing at low pressure. I haven't left it running long enough to see if I get hot water.

Internally there is a lot of carbon on the housing. Rotor brushes spark on startup then stop, so I'm guessing this is the issue and replacements can be got from here: http://www.shower-spares.co.uk/triton/T90i_UK.htm. (Though looking there it seems most of the parts are obsolete and not available. I don't see brushes on the list, either available or obsolete, but maybe they are called something else).

If someone can advise, I can post an external Imgur pic of the internals?

I'd really appreciate any help/advice.

Comments

Advertisement