Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed a first year exam in DCU, can I carry it through to second year?

Options
  • 14-09-2011 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have just got my exam results and have failed one of my exams, worth 10 credits. I got 23% in this exam. This is the only one i failed. Is it possible for me to carry this exam through to second year? if so will I have to pay extra fees? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Get in touch with your college immediately, preferably your tutor or course director, and ask them. As in, today. Now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jojobinks

Yeah I e-mailed them last night looking for an appointment on Monday -- haven't heard anything back from them yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

If I were you, I'd go into the campus tomorrow and find the relevant office. You need to see your course guidelines, particularly those around compensating for failed exams or appealing exam results. The deadlines for appeals are usually extremely tight.

Advertisement