Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Install pvc window cills

• 14-09-2011 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

I recently built a house and didn't install internal window cills at the time.
    I got a quote for €1200 to install 14 PVC window cills at varying lengths which seems very expensive to me (same guy estimated €600 when installing the windows).
    I already have the plywood on the cills and only need to attach the fascia.

I can get lengths of fascia of a site in the uk for less than €300 but was wondering if anyone has installed pvc window cills and if so is it easy to do? what glue would you recommend? and what did you use to seal the cill where it comes in contact with the windows and walls?

the windows and fascia are golden oak in colour so is there a seal i can get to match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

you shouldent need to seal them to the window once there cut tight its very hard to seal and have it look good you could use painters mate to seal it to the wall and paint up to it but they have to cut tight

Advertisement