Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Cert Results

• 14-09-2011 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I was in a school last year covering maternity leave that lasted the full year, I had over 80 Junior Cert students and with the results out today I'm dying to know how my students got on in my subjects. Just wondering is there any way to do this, obviously I could ring the school but there's no way I'd expect the secretary or whoever to call out over 80 results to me.

It was the first time I had exam classes and I would just love to find out how they did.

All suggestions welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

i don't know if the school would be allowed to give you the results anyway. They are given to the students in a sealed envelope because they're private and it's up to the students themselves to decide whether or not they reveal them to anyone else. My daughter got hers this morning and went off on her own to open them. She only shared them with her friends after she decided she was happy with what she got. It's great that you're interested in how they did. Maybe you could leave a contact number with the school and the students could contact you themselves if they wanted to tell you how they did?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TashaMonster

Actually they do not arrive from the SEC in envelopes. They have to be checked, photocopied by the school and are then put in envelopes, the school keeps a record of results so they would be there for someone to give me the info. TBH wouldn't be comfortable making my phone number available to all my past pupils, I think there might be a few who wouldn't use it for the intended purpose :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TashaMonster

Oh and tinyk68 congratulations to your daughter, glad she was happy with her results :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Just call into the school if you can and ask can you see the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Or if you can't call in, the school might well have them recorded on computer so they might email them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Probably easiest get in touch with one of the teachers you worked with and get them to tell you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Stupid q and showing my age:do the junior cert results have a1/a2 like the leaving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Stupid q and showing my age:do the junior cert results have a1/a2 like the leaving?

No, just A, B, C, D, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sullanefc

No.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

showing my age:D I did the group and inter. certs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭sullanefc

This is the best option. Either that or contact the teacher you were covering for.
    RealJohn wrote: »
    Or if you can't call in, the school might well have them recorded on computer so they might email them.

I doubt the school would email them. Data protection issues???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

sullanefc wrote: »
    RealJohn wrote: »

I doubt the school would email them. Data protection issues???
    The last time I left a school they emailed me the results when I asked them to. All the teachers still in the school will see them anyway so I don't think anyone would care. They're only junior cert results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I agree with what has been said above, call into the school and ask to see the results or ring one of the staff your friends with and ask them to call out your results to you (I called out 3 class groups of results to one person over the phone yesterday so its def the easiest way if you cant call into the school).

Advertisement