Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DBS

Options
  • 14-09-2011 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey,

Can anyone give me some honest advice about DBS? I've read some awful things on here. I am thinking about starting the BA hons in Psychology there it starts next week, but will it be worth the paper it's written or will I be wasting my time?Compared to people with psychology degrees from the Universities will the DBS degree be crap and looked down upon. It's 5,500 per year so that's a big issue too, I really want it to be worth something if I'm paying that kind of money otherwise there's no point.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SoaringPanda

Started a masters this week but I'm thinking of dropping it and taking up a part-time coarse at DBS. Internet Marketing. So if anyone could answer the OP's questions I'd greatly appreciate it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Hey I'm starting the psychology course in DBS myself. It is accredited and from what I've gathered it seems to be held in quite a high regard, I would imagine it may look better to have come from the universities but on the flip side I have also heard that due to the smaller class size and the fact it's a private college(they can afford good tutors) some people find they can learn more in that environment.the fee is large and I'm struggling myself but u can pay in installments..hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

heno86 wrote: »
    Hey I'm starting the psychology course in DBS myself. It is accredited and from what I've gathered it seems to be held in quite a high regard, I would imagine it may look better to have come from the universities but on the flip side I have also heard that due to the smaller class size and the fact it's a private college(they can afford good tutors) some people find they can learn more in that environment.the fee is large and I'm struggling myself but u can pay in installments..hope this helps

Will the university of wales be written on the degree or DBS??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lamrin

Hi Guys,

DBS is a private college, offering degrees validated by University of Wales, and some are accredited by Liverpool John Moore's University based in the UK. Your degree would have the respective logos on them.

DBS, like many private colleges in Ireland have a different business model to that of public colleges. Private colleges are often more flexible in terms of meeting the students needs, as they have to work harder to find and keep students. You can definitely get value for money from a private college, you just won't have the public college logo on your certificate.

Employers are often more interested in the qualifications you have. If they ask you why you chose that institution, you give the employer justified and objective reasons as to why you chose a private institution over the public courses on offer.

Thanks
    Lamrin

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Whatever_fools

DBS degrees most importantly are accredited by HETAC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ben1986

hey

I am studying at DBS.

I would like to know if the number of hours of classes (15 in second year) is the same in other colleges.? It is pretty low and the number of module ( 5) is not that much for a bachelor in Business degree.

This college has some weak points. number of students, motivation for many of them ( lot of group assignment, so, you should choose the good one, lot of students don;t really care). however, there are interesting things, such as the library, the E learning and some lecturer are very good and close to the students.

concerning my own opinion, the worst point for me is that the school doesn't really select its student, so it is sometimes hard to find very '' interesting'' students that you might find on UCD or Trinity.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pcbscott

For what its worth to you or anyone reading this, after three years in DBS, I couldn't be happier with the college.

Small classes, fantastic teachers and a first rate Library. I love that its spread over only two buildings so when I need to find someone or meet someone I never have far to go!

Im doing a BA Hons in Marketing so cant speak for other courses. It is expensive, but like anywhere you will only get out of it what you are prepared to put in.

Advertisement