Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

co-op assigned by co-op office, help please!

Options
  • 14-09-2011 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I was just wondering about the options that the co-op office give you for the co-op. Would the majority of them be work positions in Ireland or what? I've not sorted my own work so I'm really curious. Any information at all would be really helpful. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I was just wondering about the options that the co-op office give you for the co-op. Would the majority of them be work positions in Ireland or what? I've not sorted my own work so I'm really curious. Any information at all would be really helpful. Thanks

Unless you specify otherwise the coop office will look for places within Ireland only.

If you ask to be placed abroad, your details will be passed over to the international coop office who will then look for a placement. You must specify which country you wish to be placed in. There is a deadline for choosing whether you want to stay in Ireland or go abroad.

If you want to sort out your own coop placement there is an 'official' deadline for which you must tell them of your placement but it is usually very early to be asking someone for confirmation so if you missed that deadline they usually don't mind as getting a placement is all that matters. Although you would want it sorted before they start scheduling interviews for you, which starts in week 1 of the preceding semester.

And of course, a completed UL CV precedes all of this. I'm not sure what stage of the process you are at so some of this information might be redundant.

Advertisement